Topic: Alien Attack!

Directory Link

Alien Attack!

Youtube

The X-team has been called into battle to dispose of the alien attackers. That shouldn't be too hard...

Music:
Movement Proposition by Kevin Macleod
Firing by Vexare

Sound Effects: Freesound.org

Thanks for watching!

Re: Alien Attack!

The slow motion shot was pretty nice, but I feel like the video lacks story and purpose. Right now it's just a bunch of random dudes shooting some random aliens for some random reason never explained in the actual video.

Yeah, while it's good animation, it needed more of a plot.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Though this was more of a video to test certain effects (gunshots) I will definitely be taking your criticism in mind when making my next videos.

Thanks!
Tripp

I don't get the whole thing. The animation was not so good, It was in and out. When stuff moved it moved way too fast. And why was everything so out of focus?

I honestly am not trying to be mean.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

I'm fine with no story or plot, that doesn't bother me. A blue bed sheet or a piece of card might have made a better background.  Despite this though, your animation was better than a lot of animators on Youtube. Hope i helped:)

Last edited by MrMingleProductions (June 23, 2016 (03:57am))

Awesome some really nice shots there

I agree with everything said above. There was a good bit of focus flicker (this is when the camera is left on auto zoom and ends up zooming onto random things every shot). The animation could definitely improve. A lot of the movements were pretty choppy (such as the slow-mo axe swing). Also, the outro look up about half the video (plus the entire "Hi." video was previewed). Just keep working on it and you'll get there! mini/smile