Topic: Can't post new film b/c can't upload thumbnail?

Anyone else noticing this issue with being unable to upload any thumbnail image, and so cannot upload film?
thanks

Re: Can't post new film b/c can't upload thumbnail?

uh-oh. I knew people were having avatar uploading problems but I wasn't aware of this, too. I'm not sure what the problem is exactly; what kind of error to you guys get when you try to upload a thumbnail?

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I have the same problem right now, and Uric had the same problem a few days ago.

It said:
Notice: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Read error! in /home/bim/public_html/films/addfilm.php on line 160
Sorry, you failed to upload a thumbnail image for your film. Please go back and correct this

I got this weird thing.  So you've just got "NOoos!" right now instead of the image uploader.  I was uploading it and I somehow got logged out; in a separate tab I logged back in to see what this thread said, but then this window had only our image uploader in it.  I tried uploading an image through it and got this message:

Warning: rename(/home/bim/public_html/films/addTemp/temp128068.jpg,/home/bim/public_html/films/images/film_<br /> <b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: id in <b>/home/bim/public_html/films/addthumb.php</b> on line <b>71</b><br /> .jpg) [function.rename]: No such file or directory in /home/bim/public_html/films/addthumb_edit.php on line 14

Warning: getimagesize(images/film_<br /> <b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: id in <b>/home/bim/public_html/films/addthumb.php</b> on line <b>71</b><br /> .jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bim/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 430
Thumbnail update complete, you may now exit this window.

JonnDthunDer wrote:

I got this weird thing.  So you've just got "NOoos!" right now instead of the image uploader.  I was uploading it and I somehow got logged out; in a separate tab I logged back in to see what this thread said, but then this window had only our image uploader in it.  I tried uploading an image through it and got this message:

Warning: rename(/home/bim/public_html/films/addTemp/temp128068.jpg,/home/bim/public_html/films/images/film_<br /> <b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: id in <b>/home/bim/public_html/films/addthumb.php</b> on line <b>71</b><br /> .jpg) [function.rename]: No such file or directory in /home/bim/public_html/films/addthumb_edit.php on line 14

Warning: getimagesize(images/film_<br /> <b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: id in <b>/home/bim/public_html/films/addthumb.php</b> on line <b>71</b><br /> .jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bim/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 430
Thumbnail update complete, you may now exit this window.

Igot a similar message, but I hit next and kept going. Then when I hit submit I got the above message.

Have the same problem.
I can’t "upload"/submit to the forum because of the thumbnail problem.
I tried in four different browsers and two PC’s with different file formats and sizes.

Sorry about this, guys. I've emailed our programmer with the full error message from y'all, thank you. Hopefully it can be fixed soon, I realize this is a pretty substantial problem but it is beyond my own ability to fix. mini/sad

Thanks, Smeag. I hope whatever you did works. mini/smile

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

It happened to me too, but I just tried several times and eventually I got a thumbnail that didn't come with the error message so the film got through.  The thumbnail didn't show up beside the post as it should, though.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

I'm having that problem as well.

Just a heads up, it appears the problem won't be fixed for a couple of days. But we should be able to get it fixed by Tuesday or Wednesday. I do apologize, it's moments like this when I feel like maybe I shouldn't be running a site given I'm not a programmer!

No worries Smeagol mini/smile

Thanks for the heads up!

-WT

Same problem here, no worries about it though. Will wait for it to be fixed mini/smile

Please check out my Lego Videos!
Hope you enjoy them!

How's it looking so far Smeagol? Has the problem been deciphered?

Just a heads up thumbnails appear to be working. Cocco has very recently uploaded a video and he has a displayed thumbnail. Perhaps Cashlego you'd like to confirm if you are now able to upload one?

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/4619/23mm.png

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9178/bpys.png

There is still an error when it comes to uploading a new avatar.

"Warning! The following errors must be corrected before your profile can be updated:
The server was unable to save the uploaded file. Please contact the forum administrator at [email protected]."

I'm no programmer, but I'm a little confused. If the server's data capacity is full and is unable to save files to the server, how did his thumbnail upload and yet an avatar cannot?

Thumbnails appear to be fixed, yes. We're still trying to figure out the remaining issue of the avatars, I confess the exact problem remains something of a mystery to both me and our programmer (OneManFilms).

Avatar uploading should be able to resume now. I was able to successfully upload an avatar for myself, but it would be good to hear from others that it is working for them as well.

I've successfully uploaded an avatar. Well done Smeagol and OneManFilms.

Last edited by Larmz (April 14, 2017 (09:23am))

Thanks fellas!
It's working now, but did glitch when I hit "Confirm new thumbnail."
Thankfully backing out, starting over, and NOT touching that button worked.

Larmz wrote:

I've successfully uploaded an avatar. Well done Smeagol and OneManFilms.

Honestly, OneManFilms did all the work. So kudos.

I'm having trouble with updating my avatar.  I choose the file, hit "update profile", but nothing happens and it just keeps displaying my old avatar pic.  I don't get any error message or anything.  Is this somehow related to this Avatar/Thumbnail glitch?

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive