Topic: Lego F4U Corsair vs. A6M Zero, Pacific Air War

Directory Link

Lego F4U Corsair vs. A6M Zero, Pacific Air War

Lego World War Two Air War

World War Two in the Pacific featuring the VF-17 "Jolly Rogers" squadron

Re: Lego F4U Corsair vs. A6M Zero, Pacific Air War

Wow. I was waiting for a good brick-airfight for years. Well, here it is.
You took up a very ambitious project and did it well. Some minor animation-flaws do not spoil the whole scene.
Thanks, and keep up the good work.

I can't be staying here too much. I want to get a good education and this isn't going to help me. - StevieCollins

Wow! I've never seen anything like this! Great job!

Yep, I second Willem.
This is the first real dog-fight that I've seen in a brickfilm, and it was done quite well.
There were a few tiny flaws in places, but it's still impressive.

willem wrote:

Some minor animation-flaws do not spoil the whole scene.

thanks for watching - maybe the biggest flaws are the transparent planes/pilots in places and the jiggly tracking of bullet holes on the planes?  Any other clues help.
Finally learned how to apply a "mask" towards the end when we threw in those static shots of the 4 pilots
Will hope to do this again, but with something happening on the ground/water too

Not bad, especially for something that's never been done in brickfilming before.  I liked the designs of the planes, especially the Zero fighters.  The animation was smooth, though the planes looked somewhat "floaty" at times, in that they looked like they were hovering rather than moving through the air at speed.

The green-screening was for the most part good, though I found the use of realistic-looking effects somewhat jarring next to the LEGO planes.  I'd suggest using brick-built clouds the next time.  The explosions and flying-bullet-casings effects looked a bit off to me as well (and the latter wasn't really necessary).

Still, I really enjoyed it! mini/smile

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive