Topic: Failure to Lunch - THAC 11

Directory Link

Failure to Lunch - THAC 11

Failure to Lunch

This was our entry for THAC 11.  What a great learning experience this was.  24 hours is a lot less time than we thought, and really impacted the end result.  Overall, we're happy with the film, but would do some things differently and just 'more' given more time...

Last edited by AFewBricksShort (January 2, 2014 (10:09pm))

Re: Failure to Lunch - THAC 11

I swear I heard a similar joke from a friend when I was a kid. But, it got some laughs out of me and I was impressed with the smooth animation. Kudos to you for completing your first THAC!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Re: Failure to Lunch - THAC 11

The plot isn't bad, but a few other things need work.
First, we didn't hardly need any of the title screens, yes, the first one or two to set the location maybe.
But all those in between each person getting the meals and jumping were not necessary and messed with the pacing/flow. The dialog and actions were clear enough without the forth-wall breaking text.
Try simply cutting next time. mini/wink

Second, mixing fleshies and yellows. (Horror of horrors!)
If you have a limited collection, then yes, mix the two. But don't mix on a figure.
Both fleshie girls had yellow on their bodies, and the yellow girl had flesh tones on hers.
When every other figure is straight yellow, the above creates discontinuity, and pulls folks like me right out of the story.

Now, the set was decent, but micro-scale buildings, or more girders connected to the one they're standing on would have help fill out the set. (Of course, it's THAC, so that can slide.) The funeral home set looks nice, and I like the coffin designs. The voice acting is pretty good, and the punchline is great. The animation could be better, but first THACs are always stressful. It's nice to see you try it, and I hope you enjoyed the whole thing.