Topic: Broken News (BRAWL 2014)

Broken News (BRAWL 2014)
http://youtu.be/TKhhIRKNW5A

Today we have three developing stories.

Director- END films
News anchor voice actor- Pritchard Studios

Re: Broken News (BRAWL 2014)

I enjoyed it. Although it's really no more than jokes held together with a framework, this sort of film works as a brickfilm, in my opinion, and there are many silly joke films among my favorite brickfilms. The pace is fast enough to keep me interested, and I liked the wrap up at the end. As long as it's funny and makes my laugh it's a successful, and this made me laugh, so good job. mini/smile

As was said in chat, that news anchor needs a better voice. mini/wink

I love the intro logo, it looks clean and professional, yet still maintains a nice Lego feel.
The first few seconds need some sort of audio, and it generally seems to only have the absolutely needed sounds.
It works as a more simplistic style, but I feel that the short would have benefited from a more complete sound design.

Otherwise, the sets and animation are great, though I wouldn't have placed the three small TVs right behind the anchor's head. It's a nice short, and tying everything together at the end was a good idea, but the run time is too short to give it any real substance.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

As was said in chat, that news anchor needs a better voice. mini/wink

I love the intro logo, it looks clean and professional, yet still maintains a nice Lego feel.
The first few seconds need some sort of audio, and it generally seems to only have the absolutely needed sounds.
It works as a more simplistic style, but I feel that the short would have benefited from a more complete sound design.

Otherwise, the sets and animation are great, though I wouldn't have placed the three small TVs right behind the anchor's head. It's a nice short, and tying everything together at the end was a good idea, but the run time is too short to give it any real substance.

I rendered the logo with ldd to pov-ray (which I learned about from you)
Yeah, the silence bugged me but I have yet to record a good walking sound.
I have a few scripts with more substance that I will soon start on (after I wrap up another film).

I see my film has been buried suddenly mini/blankexpression  (that's what I get for being the 2nd person to post their BRAWL film mini/lol ).
Does anyone have any more thoughts about my film?

Really amazing animation. It was quite humorous. The only slight problem was it was a little to short. After seeing  the great animation I was itching for more. Great job!

Some Lego, Some Lego, my kingdom for some Lego.

Talipoli Studios wrote:

Really amazing animation. It was quite humorous. The only slight problem was it was a little to short. After seeing  the great animation I was itching for more. Great job!

Thanks. Yeah my films tend to be shorter than it feels like they should be.

Nice job! I especially like the set in the teleporter scene at the end. The similarities between our entries are funny - we both used the same button press animation technique, and both videos involve a teleporter.

twickabrick wrote:

Nice job! I especially like the set in the teleporter scene at the end. The similarities between our entries are funny - we both used the same button press animation technique, and both videos involve a teleporter.

Yeah, some people in the BiM chat joked that this year's theme was "teleportation" (another film also featured it).
I was surprised when people where amazed at your button pressed but never mentioned mine. Yours did have a additional frame that added a cartoonish feel. I was inspired for the technique by one used pre-1x1 round tile that used a modified stud (http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … -reverted/) but now with that piece LEGO purists like myself can do it too.
I would have used a quickcam 4000 too...if I had one. mini/sad mini/lol

This was really silly and funny LOL.
Great job.

Antonio Ferrara wrote:

This was really silly and funny LOL.
Great job.

Thanks. mini/smile

Good job, I really liked this one. It's a clever story, held together by some funny jokes.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mickey wrote:

Good job, I really liked this one. It's a clever story, held together by some funny jokes.

Thank you very much. mini/smile

Congratz on 21st Endfilms!

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

That was really funny. I really liked the random wacky humour and lighting. The animation was also really good and flawless. My only complaints would be camera angle in the news room seemed a little to much pointing down instead of a nice level straight-on shot. Also the news room seemed like it might have looked a bit better if you would have made it out of clear blue bricks with white behind them so it would look a bit more like big windows and large Tv screens.
Also how did you do the totally smooth yellow on the news reporters face that looked really cool?  mini/eek

Overall, a really nice, well-made short that really made me laugh.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

osomstudios wrote:

That was really funny. I really liked the random wacky humour and lighting. The animation was also really good and flawless.

Thanks. mini/bigsmile

osomstudios wrote:

Also how did you do the totally smooth yellow on the news reporters face that looked really cool?  mini/eek

What do you mean? mini/confused

The face of the news reporter looked really not reflective it was a really smooth nice and it almost looked like CGI. It looked really low contrast but still nice and colourful and just really good and Awesome.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

osomstudios wrote:

The face of the news reporter looked really not reflective it was a really smooth nice and it almost looked like CGI. It looked really low contrast but still nice and colourful and just really good and Awesome.

Oh, thanks mini/smile .