Topic: [BRAWL 2014] Fixer

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag30/mightywanderer/BRAWL%202014%20BTS/FixerTitlePic_zps227e5970.png

FixTube

This is my entry into the 2014 BRAWL competition. Due to being away from home part of the week of BRAWL, This was made in under 3 days, about 24-26 hours total was spent on it.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out overall, and I'm glad I was able to enter.

Behind the scenes picture.

--Mighty Wanderer

Last edited by Mighty Wanderer (July 30, 2014 (10:39am))

Re: [BRAWL 2014] Fixer

This was a good film. The ending was pretty unexpected. I really like the lighting, especially the glowing tube.

Good little film, especially for the time you had. It's technically well executed, and I liked the use of the neon tube things in the set for practical ambiance lighting. It's entertaining, good job. mini/smile

Simple and silly.
The ending shot was just perfect in timing and execution. No question about it.
I don't pity the amount of masking you had to do, but how much of that is just attached in hidden places?
Also, you have a short film, but kept the plot small enough to still do a good job and tell your complete story. Which is good, and should help it. But, who is the scientist talking to? The viewers?

The mini-scale set is great, and I love the use of the (Exo-force?) light tube.
The sound design is kept simple, like the whole thing, but it still works well.

It's not that ambitious or complex, but does what it sets out to do.

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

Pritchard, all that masking was terribly tedious and tiring, it took up most of 3 hours. mini/blankexpression
Haha, I actually only masked two frames out of the entire thing - with the hat and the Piece of Resistance. Most of them were long enough that I could stick them on to the edge of the pot to secure them in place long enough to take the frame.

With the amount of time I had to make this film I decided it was better to pick a short, sweet idea than attempt a larger scale production. I'm really thankful that I did pick the smaller project, I doubt I would have finished anything more involved.
The scientists is supposed to be doing some sort of space log or something, I figured that would be a good way to introduce and explain.

The microscale set was the most fun to build (and film mini/tongue), and I love how it turned out. Yup, that was an Exo-Force light tube.
The sound design was another fun part of the film, every sound effect here besides the muffled explosion I recorded on Friday and Saturday of the contest.

Thanks again for the feedback. mini/bigsmile

In case anyone's interested, here are some behind-the-scenes pictures. Not the greatest since I had to snap them and start doing more BRAWLing.

I really liked the mini set thing and the main set.  it had a really cool setting.  Though, I was a bit disappointed that it developed into something more of a comedy rather than something of a darker tone to fit this cool lighting.  I was hoping it would be some sort of Teleglitch like adventure.

It's still pretty impressive though, I liked it.

It was a clever little film, and I liked it. Great job, MW!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?