Topic: Casting Call - Charter

Hey everybody. I'm working on a new comedy short film titled Charter. I have a script and a set, all I need to start filming are voices for the two main characters. It's pretty short, around 10 lines for each of the characters, and the entirety of the short takes place in a pilot's office in the 1920's. or 30's. A lot of the comedy is based around alcohol and drunkenness, so if you aren't comfortable with the subject you probably shouldn't audition.

Adventurer
Not really the Indiana Jones type. Much more of a normal guy in his late 20's; a reasonable, intelligent, confident fellow hoping to make the archeological discovery of the decade. Accent is irrelevant, any will do.
Test line: "I’d like to charter a plane."
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3898/14831393523_21c1803f2a_z.jpg

Pilot - Taken]
Older, probably mid 50's. He's quite drunk throughout the short, and has spent his life on the outer reaches of society, in trading outposts and those sorts of places. He's a bit like the pilot from the first Mummy. I'd love to get a British or Australian accent on him, but it's by no means necessary.
Test line: "Oh, yes, right. Well you’ve come to the right man. Where yah lookin to go?"
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2940/14624938508_ebae642a34_z.jpg

Send auditions to: [email protected]

Thanks guys. mini/smile

Last edited by backyardlegos (September 20, 2014 (10:11pm))

Re: Casting Call - Charter

Just auditioned for both characters.

The Pilot has been taken by Jay Silver.

I'll audition for Johnny

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

The adventurer has been taken by Carroll. That's it, thanks guys. mini/smile

Alright, so as some of you have noticed, Carroll has all but disappeared recently. Despite attempting to contacting him by email and PM, I haven't heard from him in a month and a half, so I'm looking for someone else to play the adventurer. Carroll, if you'd like to come forward to reclaim the role, please do, but I need to move forward with the project, and can't do so until I have lines for the adventurer. I'm sitting on some marvelous voice work by jay, and really want to start animating.

So, I'm still working on this film. I'm well into editing, but I still need a voice for one more character (I did the voice for the adventurer myself). JonnDthunDer said he would do it, but I haven't heard back from him in a month (boy, this sounds familiar ^ mini/rolleyes ). So I'm opening it up for auditions; the part only has two lines, and I really just want it filled. Same deal as before, JonnDthunDer can still have the part if he gets back to me. Here's a frame of the guy:

https://c4.staticflickr.com/9/8727/28911434763_43fc3926fc_z.jpg

Test line: "Susan, do I have any appointments today?"

This isn't an actual line from the film, to avoid spoilers. The character is early middle age, a handsome rogue type.

Email me auditions here: [email protected]

Just thought I might say that JonnDthunDer is very busy these days, because he's in college. If you don't hear from him, that's probably why.

I'm aware of that, but I sent him the lines two weeks before he left, and a follow up email a few days before he left.

Edit: To be clear, the point of the follow up email I sent him three weeks ago was to make sure he wasn't to busy; I think it's fair to assume that his lack of response means that he is.

Last edited by backyardlegos (September 8, 2016 (09:17am))