Topic: BiM Celebration: Celebrations

Directory Link

Celebrations

YouTube

Made for the BiM celebration contest, mostly during the last day mini/tongue .

Re: BiM Celebration: Celebrations

Really cool entry. I liked the set design a lot.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Very nicely built and shot. A simple notion, well executed. Great entry!

Well done. I liked it. mini/smile
Fit very well into the contest theme.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Thanks for the positive response everyone. mini/bigsmile

Wow, three more ratings took down my film a brick. Can you guys tell me what I could have improved?

Two people gave the film abnormally low votes, I don't know if it is because they genuinely didn't like it or are being spiteful. You need to take the brick ratings with a grain of salt as these things do happen

SlothPaladin wrote:

Two people gave the film abnormally low votes, I don't know if it is because they genuinely didn't like it or are being spiteful. You need to take the brick ratings with a grain of salt as these things do happen

I was just after helpful critiques mini/yes . If people don't like them I want to know why (then I can decided to listen to them or not mini/smile )

This one has some outstanding lighting.
Story 5/10
Animation 8/10
Lighting 10/10
Sets 8/10
Overall 7/10

NOTE: I am using stricter ratings since most brickfilms liked quite a bit would get an 8/10, Vampire Owls for example.  I don't like it any less but my rating would be lower.

OneDouglas wrote:

Story 5/10
Animation 8/10
Lighting 10/10
Sets 8/10
Overall 7/10

NOTE: I am using stricter ratings since most brickfilms liked quite a bit would get an 8/10, Vampire Owls for example.  I don't like it any less but my rating would be lower.

How can you have a story rating when there isn't supposed to be a story? mini/eh

END films wrote:
OneDouglas wrote:

Story 5/10
Animation 8/10
Lighting 10/10
Sets 8/10
Overall 7/10

How can you have a story rating when there isn't supposed to be a story? mini/eh

It had a low rating because there wasn't any story, but since it was more of a montage and didn't need a story it didn't get too low of a rating.  I hope that makes more sense now.

OneDouglas wrote:
END films wrote:
OneDouglas wrote:

Story 5/10
Animation 8/10
Lighting 10/10
Sets 8/10
Overall 7/10

It had a low rating because there wasn't any story, but since it was more of a montage and didn't need a story it didn't get too low of a rating.  I hope that makes more sense now.

That is what I guessed, but having that catagory in the rating didn't make much sense. Maybe you should review with words not numbers when not all categories in the rubric happen. mini/smile

Very nice End! 4 bricks!

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Harborlight Productions wrote:

Very nice End! 4 bricks!

Thanks Harborlight. mini/smile

This got 9th place. mini/bigsmile
Time to celebrate http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p84/UberSocks/37.gif