Topic: HammersReach Teaser Trailer - WIP/Blue Screen 9 long hours to do!

Hey guys,

Wow, last night till this morning I spent 8-9 hours for this little trailer I made. The animating itself took me a good 3 hours, it was a bit hard moving the minifigs and I've never worked with this many in a movement sequence like walking.  It was a little hard as a few times I did bump them down but overall I ended fixing up all these small issues which I am grateful for.

Also great news, I took BertL's advice for the Chroma Keying, also shout out to Jampot and RioForce for their help pitching in as well.

Now I understand how Chroma keying works, and mine could have turned out great, almost great but I forgot to buy another lamp for the other side of the blue material. Worst thing I also did was shine the lamp only on my set which I also forgot.. But this is a lesson well learned for next time. It was really fun playing around and chroma keying. Did take me a bit of time but in the end I was pleased with it.

The main reason that took me so long in editing (5 hours or so) was mainly a lot of editing had to take place I did a lot of renders checked the files and some things didn't look right so I just did this repeatedly for quite some time, then came the motion tracking, this was a first time for me, but I picked it up rather easily, however it did take a huge portion of my time as I had to motion track the flame individually, seeing it was so dark it was hard to pick up the torch on the sqaures so that took some time.

I listened to what RioForce said before, in regards to putting blurness to the fire which you'll be able to notice now.

One thing I did ask and will ask again is if anyone can tell me how I am able to do reactive lighting for the scene with the fire as I really wanted to add that realism of shining some light on the face of who was holding the fire. I attempted to do it, but because the scene moved I wasn't sure how I could track it into position I spent a lot of time trying to figure this out looked it up but couldn't find an answer if anyone knows, please let me know I tried to keylog it didn't work.

I don't believe you can motion track it, cause its a duplicated composition. 

Anyhow heres the trailer hope you enjoy, as I said I spent so much time on it I would really appreciate some feedback. It's my most prestigious animation to date, besides Life of a clone trooper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw_I0E4SxOY

I was going to put this on releases but it still feels like a test and wip for me.

Sincerely,
Divine.

RELEASED! Check out my channel to watch it!
Check out my Youtube Channel New Vid every week: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy5NKN … 7cRn8gsNaw