Topic: Tectonic Man

Directory Link

Tectonic Man

Watch the film on YouTube

This stop motion Lego film is a hilarious parody on the old Superman classics starring the dashing hero Tectonic Man!

My brother and I made this back in 2006 as a high school project. It was originally on Google Videos, so it basically got erased from the internet when Google bought YouTube and abandoned their own video site. I re-released this one, as well as part one of its sequel back in 2011. Enjoy!

Re: Tectonic Man

I'd like to start by saying that you've just made a Tectonic Man fan right here! mini/smile

This brickfilm (and it's sequel) is just about an example of a "perfect" brickfilm. Similar to the Henri and Edmond series, it doesn't take itself too seriously, and thus allows itself a lot of creative room for pastiche and parody. The jokes often poke fun at the film itself - like a secret handshake between the Director and the Viewer... We're all in on the same joke.

As for the film itself, it's nothing too special. The animation isn't exactly stunning, by any means, and, the sets seem pretty normal and almost bland. The action and script, too, are only just above what is usually "average" for these types of short-subject brickfilms. However, this film truly captures something that's easily missed by even the professionals - some heart.

It's a charming little adventure that'll be sure to bring you back - especially if your a lover of superheroes and classic movies. The aspect ratio (4:3) and the black and white frame really suck you into the world of the film, making it all the more believable. The dialogues and music only reinforce these feelings, giving the film it's own unique universe that's easy to enjoy.

I'd recommend it to any starting brickfilmer as a prime example of how you don't always need flashy cool effects and realistic animations to convey a sweet little story. If you've got some heart and soul, the magic of the film makes up for anything it could be lacking, and really creates an overall enjoyable experience. 5 stars from me. mini/smile It'll be a staple in my "Watch Later" list for sure!

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png