Topic: [CASTING CALL] Lego Batman - Ace of Knaves

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Lisaisanut/Brickfilms/logo_bbanner.png

Short plot synopsis...

Lego Batman - Ace of Knaves follows the Dark Knight through a week during his early years.

Gotham City is being terrorised by the Red Hood and the Hood Gang, he is known by the media as the man that always manages to just slip through the GCPD's fingers, but to the Batman, he is known as a simple annoyance.

After stealing from a bank being used by Carmine Falcone to launder drug money, Red Hood is strong-armed by the Falcone-hired Deadshot into performing a task as compensation. This task is perpetrating an arson attack against the Ace Chemical plant.

Casting call...

There is a large cast in this film, it's unintentional, but the script is almost fifty pages long. Roles may be added to this section as I find them, as I haven't noted them all down yet.

Character: BRUCE WAYNE / BATMAN  (Main Character)
Required Voice: Deep, Mature, Menacing - Ideally a Kevin Conroy impression.
Taken By: Coulter Rail (CoulterRail)

Character: ALFRED PENNYWORTH  (Side-Main Character)
Required Voice: Senior, Kind, Stern, Dry Humor.
Taken By: John McBride

Character: LIEUTENANT JAMES GORDON  (Main Character)
Required Voice: Stern, Mature, Leader, Kind.
Taken By: Coulter Rail

Character: RED HOOD  (Main Character)
Required Voice: Menacing, Intelligent, MAYBE Goofy - Red Hood becomes Joker, so think along those lines. But sane.
Taken By: Aaron Bulger (SpeakingJargon)

Character: COMMISSIONER GILLIAN B. LOEB (Side Character)
Required Voice: Gruff, Filthy, Mature, Sleazy.
Taken By: Jack Buttrum (JacktheAnimator)

Character: DEADSHOT (Side Character)
Required Voice: Intelligent, Calm, Calculating, Cold.
Taken By: Adrian Good

Character: LEX LUTHOR (Minor Character, Small Scene Cameo)
Required Voice: Mature, Calm, Confident, Business-like.
Taken By: N/A

Character: LUCIUS FOX (Very Minor Character, Single Line)
Required Voice: Mature, Business-like. Does NOT have to be a Morgan Freeman impression.
Taken By: Justice Washington

MISCELLANEOUS ROLES:
Red Hood henchmen (Three / Four Roles)
Police Officers (Three Roles)
Citizens (Three Roles)

About the film...

This film as technically been in pre-production for many, many years. The very original draft of the script, titled as The Dark Jester at that time, was completed in 2010. It sat for a few months as I did other projects, and when I went back to it, I realised how awful it was. So I rewrote it, that draft was completed in 2012. Also awful. A last ditch attempt was created in 2013, I got halfway through the script before it just sort of fell flat at my feet. In September, I rediscovered the script and it was just so good. Recently I've only been making things I'm comfortable with, my original fantasy series Nattodesu, some Lego Doctor Who. Things I know exactly how to do. Now, with this, I want to push myself. I have never done Batman before. People may know me as someone that doesn't finish projects a lot, with this you needn't worry, as it's been in pre-production for too long for me to abandon it.

PLEASE NOTE...

I am currently attending college, and work on Saturdays, so while this film would normally take a while at it's script length (which if the "minute per page" rule turns out to be true, will make this close to an hour long), it will take even longer. So if you send a successful audition, do not expect the film in a few months. It may even be next Autumn / Winter. Don't hold me to anything.

Contact information...

Send your auditions to: [email protected]

If you wish to speak to me about anything, I would recommend contacting me through that same E-Mail.

Last edited by Lisaisanut (January 8, 2015 (04:31pm))

Re: [CASTING CALL] Lego Batman - Ace of Knaves

I'll get an audition in to you sometime soon! mini/smile

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q799/BrickFIlmerHMS/artforBiM_zps51f66287.jpg

Re: [CASTING CALL] Lego Batman - Ace of Knaves

High Mountain Studios wrote:

I'll get an audition in to you sometime soon! mini/smile

Awesome, just say anything you want, I forgot to add test lines and I'm too busy to do them right now.