Topic: The Bounty Hunter (Film for College)

Directory Link

The Bounty Hunter (Film for College)

Youtube

Do minifigures dream of plastic sheep?

This is the story of a man without a past because he has no memory. It's the story of a man with a unknowingly daring future because he is on the run. It's the story of a born again hero, the Bounty Hunter.

Directed, Written, Animated, FX, and Music Composed by Tristan Kilmer

Starring

Neon Icy Wings as the Bounty Hunter
Sean Polite as the Monarch
Cody Wait as F-16 Pilot and Eye patched Soldier
Bret Newton as Mutton Chopped Civilian

This project is my film submission for the Cal-Arts 2015 application. I've been working on it since April. It required every skill I've learned from the films I've made this year.

My favorite thing about this was creating the look of the environment for the city. I spent several weeks researching different art styles, drawing inspiration from such films as Blade Runner and Tron. My least favorite thing was the weeks spent rotoscoping, especially for the Helicopter. I had to keep the film under five minutes, which meant trimming the Helicopter and fight sequences.

Re: The Bounty Hunter (Film for College)

Your best work to date. The camera movements and cinematography were top notch. The environment in this world were great. Some of the lines were rushed, but understandable due to your time limit. Hope this film gets you in Cal-Arts.

4/5.

Not bad.
The voice actor was good, but the lines came in a bit too quickly one after another. That led to the overly quick pacing, and didn't give things a chance to slow down. He was also talking too much for a quick chase sequence, and some of the lines were unnecessary or seemingly just there for filler.

The sets and lighting give it a special look, and the visual effects were good, although many of the CG background plates didn't feel like Lego buildings. There wasn't much to the plot, just enough for a short action sequence, but not enough for much else.
Some of the aniamtion was choppy, but the speed kept it from being too distracting.

For a short FX-filled action sequence, it was pretty good. Like Funni, I wish you the best in the Cal-Arts.

In addition to what has been said,

Spoiler (click to read)

having him jump off things to escape became really tiring, and looks uncreative

your sets were awesome though and the voice actor was great.  Hope to see more good stuff from you.

The effects and art to this were amazingly good for a stop motion, honestly the best effects I've ever seen for an animation. The music was good, along with the voice actors. Although the music and sound effects kinda made it hard to hear the dialogue. Your animation was good, although I would work on easing in and out for smoother animation. 4/5 for the visual effects. Keep working on making your animation smoother and LEGO with hire you. mini/wink

Keep it up!

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Not sure about the whole blue smoke thing - like  all the way through.

Epic clip but.  mini/smile

Who is Neon Icy Wings?  Just some random?

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection

Very nice. I loved a lot about it, but still i just think the placement of all the voice acting was terrible. Like Funmi said, it's way too fast paced. It feels as if you just took all the voice clips you had and just made them play one after one, it doesn't flow very well. Especially not at 1:57. The overly fast voice pacing really ruins the film. I mean, it's one big action chase scene and then you have some boring voice talking about stuff one after another. When the guy gets thrown by the bot, you'd rather want the character to scream rather than to say "I have a black belt in parkour" with a monotone slow voice, right? It would've been better if there wasn't as much voice acting and if you just made the voice actor record it in one take instead of stitching all of them after eachother.

Then there's the effects. Especially in the scene where he jumps through the window in the beginning. It's hard to see nearly anything through the smoke and spark effects. What bothers me the most is that you keep playing the smoke clip even when the camera angle changes, i'd normally just add a new one or split it and move it somewhere else.

Last edited by WoutStopmotion (December 24, 2014 (07:21am))

signature