Topic: The Worst Best Animation (That you Judge)

So on chat, Squid, Rioforce, Wammy, and I started a four way contest to see who can make the worst video.

Here are our entries.
Wammy's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QMsrDQabWg

Squid's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0aYwJ9 … e=youtu.be

Harborlight Productions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLka2Y3tvzo

Rioforce's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-WyQpvgaVo

You are the judge!
Vote on who's entry is the worst, and whoever has the most votes wins. (We don't have a judge so we need the peoples to decide.)

VOTES
Wammy - 6
Harborlight - 3
Squid - 2 1/2
Rioforce - 1 1/2

*Judging ends whenever the Easter contest results come out.

Last edited by Harborlight (April 2, 2015 (12:41pm))

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Re: The Worst Best Animation (That you Judge)

it's so awesome i vote for myself

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Ok, if were doing that then I vote for myself.

Last edited by Harborlight (April 1, 2015 (08:04am))

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

I'm such a skilled MLG brickfilmer that I couldn't even make a bad film! mini/XD  I am too good a brickfilmer to win this contest.  But I am still am going to vote for myself.  After all, there's not other way i'd have a chance at winning a bad brickfilm contest.
mini/wink

How was I not in on this??? mini/jaw

Anyhow, I have to say Squid is the winner. Anyone can make a terrible video, but few can actually make a terrible video still worth watching (plus, he obviously put the most work into his entry). Squid pulled that off here. Great job!

Last edited by Brickcrazy (April 1, 2015 (08:58am))

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

Wammy.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

Superman…after an episode of really bad Taco Bell and a sugar filled haze of too much Mountain Dew.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

There's a serious problem if these films get snubbed from next years BiMAS. I vote for....... HARBORLIGHT!

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

I've always felt that the best bad movies are the ones that earnestly strive to be excellent, then fail on every level.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Alle 4 films were hard to get to the end (and I didn't, in fact, get to the end of any). ANP's was too polished to be the worst of the bunch, it even had a kind of "complex" animation, compared to the others. In Harborlight's I could undertand who was talking. Rioforce's was bad enough. But Wammy: it's the shortest and still I couldn't watch the whole thing, and I didn't know what was going on, who was what and why. Now, that is what I would call a real winner. It's not an easy feat to make a brickfilm that bad.

Congratulation Wamy, my vote goes to you.

I shall vote for myself! mini/bigsmile

https://bricksafe.com/files/Wammy/Our%20Friend%20Pablo.jpg  Watch it on YouTube!

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."
~ Psalm 23:6 ~

My vote goes to Hali's Annie Frank in Bricks

Sméagol wrote:

I've always felt that the best bad movies are the ones that earnestly strive to be excellent, then fail on every level.

You mean vids like this?

Yeah, I agree with you.
It's one of those indulgences in which very few people like to talk about out loud.

Fortunately/unfortunately I grew up on 7-11's 99 cent very terrible horror movie rentals on vhs.
There's just something about awful movies that's downright hilarious.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

I vote for Wammy, but Squid's is a close runner-up in my book.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

I could only watch Squid's all the way to the end, and I actually liked it.  The other three were too painful to finish; however, only Wammy's made both my eyes and ears bleed.

I vote for Harborlight, his felt like something that was trying to be good, but was awful. I laughed at Squids, meaning it was actually worth watching, and Wammy's was too obviously a joke. Rioforce's reminded me to much of childhood.

In all honesty, I think RiigoForce made a worse film than Wammy.  Wammy's film is so blurry that I wouldn't even be able to tell it was LEGO.  But there are maybe one or two where it looks like it might be.

Now the other three entries are just mostly subtly out of focus, emulating the common error in early films of brickfilmers (including my own) where the focus isn't right on the figure.  Wammy's goes so far it's not really believable, and instead look like maybe it's part of a ToTheArk video.

Now Wammy's film has the lowest production value, but it's really short, so I can actually get through it.  Riio's however, is really, REALLY long.  and there are not enough good jokes to help you through it.  This is another problem with real bad brickfilms, being too long.  I've never actually been able to get through that video Dewfilms linked.  I can never get past the bicycle.

I managed to barely get through RiigoForce's the first time, but the second time I couldn't even even get half way.

I was trying to go for a little bit of that in my own film.  But I ran out of time and cut some stuff, so it ended up a lot shorter than it was meant to be.  But it still got somewhere to that effect since MPfist0 turned it off.

I ended up actually easing in and out a little bit because it's become such a habit that it was hard to break.  But I think that it makes it look at least as though the brickfilmer creating the film actually knew a few basics of animation and was trying to do something with that.

The film itself is actually better than anything I had made for my first several years of brickfilming.  I didn't even know the basics.

In terms of being objectively the worst, I'd have to say Wammy.  Although I'm not even sure if it properly counts as a "film", considering you can't even really make out if there even is any LEGO.  I would say that Riigoforce's or Harborlight's entries feel a lot more like bad Brickfilms, of the sort that a young child with no understanding of film or animation would make.  Riigoforce's film in particular manages to capture this feeling masterfully (never shall I look at duelling horses in the same way again).

In terms of entertainment value, though, I'd definitely have to say Squid.  Even though it's intentionally horrible, I still could not stop laughing all the way through it.  Somehow, the "animation" of the multiple Hagrids is hilarious, and the voice-acting just cracks me up (it sounds surprisingly, for want of a better word, "professional").  Also, Magic Lens Flare Gun.  Maybe I just have a very weird sense of humour. 

So, I guess my vote would be a toss-up between Riigoforce (for "Bad-Brickfilm-ness") and Squid (for sheer entertainment value).

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Squid wrote:

I've never actually been able to get through that video Dewfilms linked.  I can never get past the bicycle.

mini/twitch

Squid just dissed the grandfather of all cult brickfilms.

Also, I should totally sig the above quote.

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Alright, I watched the whole thing.  Was the full film ever completed, though?