Re: The Animation Challenge

I will participate.

Is the deadline over? I made an entry but YouTube wasn't working well for me so I might do another entry and post it alongside the "Rolling Around" challenge.

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

The deadline is over but nobody enterd, mini/frustrated

This is lame.

-RandomBoaz    YouTube

I have an idea to make the animation challenge a little more interesting, We should make it so that everyone can enter, even the person who picked the theme and when it comes time to judge you pick witch one you thought was the best (you are not allowed to vote for your own entry) and put a vote in for them and whoever has the most votes wins the challenge. The winner then picks a new theme and it repeats. This way the winner is not determined by one person. And we will be able to have more entrys(because there is no longer a judge)

Tell me what you think, if you are a mod and like the idea maybe you could mke it legit

yeah, interesting....

Wow if I had known that this already started then I would have participated mini/blankexpression

I HAVE RETURNED!!!
Youtube
PunBB bbcode test

Hmmm, I really don't think the judge should participate in his own challenge.
As for voting, you may run into ties, or people not voting for a while, and that may cause unnecessary delays.
The one-man-show method seems to have worked fairly well, and we have provisions in place to keep it going if that one man fails.

The only real problem we're having right now is lack of participation. And I doubt shaking up the judging scheme will fix that.
I wonder if MotionHero's comment brings up the issue, just a general lack of awareness regarding the challenge. I know myself, I completely forgot what the theme was over the past week, but may have entered had it been more in the forefront of my mind.

Now, it seems that at this point that I need to step in and pick a theme. (or by this evening at least) So ya'll have a little while to suggest something.

The judging will not change.

Pritchard, go ahead and pick a theme when ready.

Maybe we should just give up. This is depressing.

-RandomBoaz    YouTube

It was just an idea...

Don't give up hope! The Challenge still has potential. Just keep with it.

The new challenge is Sharping a Bladed Weapon.

Shouldn't be too difficult. I know it's a rather dull idea, but I'm sure several of you will want a slice of the action.
...Ok, that pun was bad. But hey, cut me a break, I didn't have long to come up with something good.

The deadline is Monday, June 29th.

And I'll be out of town (AKA, no internet) for a bit next week, so Nathan and/or another mod will have to step up and judge it. Sorry I can't be around.

No problem Pritchard.
Looks like I was not able to finish my animation in time. mini/sad

Last edited by The Motion Hero (June 28, 2015 (10:42pm))

I HAVE RETURNED!!!
Youtube
PunBB bbcode test

It's not dull at all mini/lol

Here is one.

So considering the fact that the deadline was last week, is anyone going to be able to judge or boot this back up.  mini/blankexpression

I HAVE RETURNED!!!
Youtube
PunBB bbcode test

Yah I don't know. Last time we just did it ourselves and forgot about the mods.

So, who's going to announce the new challenge then?  mini/confused

I HAVE RETURNED!!!
Youtube
PunBB bbcode test

Sorry guys, thought somebody would step up in my absence per my request... mini/blankexpression

Anyway, Greenshirt wins by default.
Some set bumps and obviously looped footage, but I love the spark effects.
Good job, and you get to pick the next challenge.

Thanks for the comment Pritchard.

The next challenge is Breaking a Board and the deadline is July 13th.