Topic: Bounty Hunter

Directory Link

Bounty Hunter

Youtube

My first brickfilm. Another day in a random cantina somewhere in the galaxy.

Re: Bounty Hunter

That was really really good for your first brick film. Have you done other animations before? The fighting was pretty cool, you don't very often see well made fight scenes in new brickfilmers, but this was pretty cool. The one thing I might suggest for next time is lower the camera a bit so it looks like its filming real people, but thats a minor thing. over all this was really good for your first brick film, keep up the good work.

Hope that helps
OsomStudios

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

Re: Bounty Hunter

The LEGO Star Wars video game-esque minifigure grunts add a fun element to this film. Also, I like the conglomeration of the different themed minifigures in the bar.

There are some instances when your animation is too fast and abrupt for my taste, however. For example, when Boba Fett and Luke run out of the bar, the movements are very fast and it is confusing as to what is going on. With that said though, I do think the animation as a whole is effective at binging out comedic aspects in the characters. To name a few examples; the speeder bike hitting Luke and Boba Fett attempting to reload his gun.

Your could camera work could use some work. For the majority of the film, the camera is situated at a high angle, almost like a birds eye view. You can make your film more cinematic by bringing the camera down closer to your subjects and by using different camera angles. You should also bear in mind the rule of thirds and the 180-degree rule.

Last edited by Willow Tree (May 1, 2015 (02:53pm))