Topic: Batman: The Phobia Archive

Directory Link

Batman: The Phobia Archive

Batman: The Phobia Archive

"Batman: The Phobia Archive" is a short Batman animation focusing on the psychologically terrifying chaos imposed by Scarecrow through his dreadful fear toxin.

Ad-imation Studios™
"Unlimited Possibilities"

Re: Batman: The Phobia Archive

This was a very solid Batman brickfilm, the best I've seen in a while.  I really loved the opening titles and the overall premise.  I loved the fear gas effect.   

Spoiler (click to read)

I really, really, really loved how you set up the bit of dialogue about Bane being a present threat.  This made me actually believe he was real later on.

Although I liked the gas effect, sometimes it was a bit difficult to know what was going on.  The character movements were also a bit repetitive.  I am pretty sure you had the figures on supports you were moving like a puppets because the characters didn't move their arms at all.

Overall, great job.

It's a very well-written and executed film, although the animation sometimes leaves a bit to be desired.

He mentions something in the comments about a mix of live-action and stop-motion, explaining the smoothness of some of the motions, and also the repetition of simpler body movements. Still, the dialog really kept this going, and while the motions were noticeable, they weren't that distracting. The pacing is great, allowing a slower, more detailed scene to play out, but still keeping the viewer's attention.

The set is simple, but the lighting gives it a nice edge. And it fits the premise of the whole thing, so it doesn't need anything fancy.

Other than the animation, and the oddly literal, but not that appealing Clayface design, it's a great film.
You certainly understand the Scarecrow, and did a fantastic job bringing him to the screen.

This was very well done!
To be honest not many Batman brickfilms really catch my attention like yours did. The story and voice acting was superb. The only  thing that kinda bothered me was how the characters moved when they talked to each other.
But it wasn't too distracting since I found myself watching it from start to finish. mini/bigsmile