Topic: LEGO Doctor Who : Bananas are cool : (test)

Directory Link

LEGO Doctor Who : Bananas are cool : (test)

youtube

The Doctor uses a banana to defeat Dalek.
This is a test for : Dalek,lighting  and camera triks

Re: LEGO Doctor Who : Bananas are cool : (test)

Normally if something has the word 'test' in the title, we recommend for it to go in the WIPs/Tests section, but this has plenty of story behind it to keep it here. Which is great, I'm glad to see a 'test' more more substance and purpose behind it than most.

I love the red lighting coming through the grate. (0:18 and 1:22 both showed it off well.)
You did a good job with maintaining complex lighting, as well as making use of some nice camera tricks, as you call them.
At times, (0:56, for example) it looked like we could see off-set, which is rarely a good thing. The set's good, but looks incomplete when gaps are seen.

The Dalek, while missing a side panel for most of the runtime, wasn't the prettiest model I've seen. But the way you portrayed it felt very much like a Dalek would work. A bit slow and lumbering, but unstoppable and efficient killer. (Even if he didn't kill here, it felt like he easily could and would)

The animation is smooth, but some of the effects could use some work.
It's a nice film, and does a good job with the things you wished to test.

But I don't recommend mixing Kevin Macleod and Murray Gold. If you're going to use a bit of the real soundtrack anyway, just go ahead and use it for the whole thing.

Re: LEGO Doctor Who : Bananas are cool : (test)

Nice animation and effects but the out of focus-In focus transition things were pretty long.

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.