Topic: Creator

Directory Link

Creator

Link 1

One of my first new brick films, I am determined to improve so feedback is appreciated!

Re: Creator

Wow.  For one of your first animations that was pretty good.  There was a bit of camera movement though which obviously can be solved by just making sure to secure your camera in one place while filming.  But other than that good job.

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Re: Creator

Nice job on your film Creator. I liked the story progression and the twist ending was clever. I could tell early in your film that you were practicing your skill with walking animation. Keep it up! Practice makes perfect. For me personally I'm still not that good at getting characters to walk the way I want them to.

A couple things stood out to me in ways you could improve your animation.

On your youtube page I noticed that someone has already made a comment about increasing your frame rate, and I agree that your animation will be much smoother with increased frames per second. It's amazing how just a few extra pictures each second can dramatically improve the look and feel of your animation. It may sound like a lot more work, but you'll be even more excited about your finished films!

My second observation is light flicker in your animation. There are quite a few places where I noticed the lighting would flicker up and down. This is because lights are not always constant. It's not necessarily obvious to the naked eye, but your camera takes such a brief clip of time that it captures inconsistencies in the lighting.
There are two ways to prevent this. Either find a light that is brighter and thus changes less noticeably to the camera's shutter and/or slow down the shutter speed on your camera so that it takes a longer exposure and "averages out" the lighting inconsistencies.

All-in-all a worthy addition to your brickfilmography!
I look forward to your next film.

http://orig13.deviantart.net/3968/f/2017/197/d/c/faaf_logo_4_1_by_orignl_ninja_knight-dbglsld.png