Topic: Trevor the Clown Episode 12: The King's 40th Birthday

Directory Link

Trevor the Clown Episode 12: The King's 40th Birthday

Link 1

Trevor hears about the king's 40th birthday party where anyone is invited to try out to be the next court entertainer. Will Trevor make the cut?

Re: Trevor the Clown Episode 12: The King's 40th Birthday

I have officially given up on trying to reduce light flicker. I have researched and done everything I can find to do including the Adobe tips and nothing is working. My Nikon 7100 is not able to do the tape method to lock down the aperature and I really have no idea what else I can do except post production work, which can be a pain. Regardless enjoy! Time to work on the contest video!

Well done. Really good animation!

Haha, that was funny. You are getting better, gbh! I like the repetition, it made it funny. The ending was unexpected, I like it mini/tongue I think that you should probably lower your aperture a little bit and increase your shutter speed when animating, because the depth of focus was very small. It would probably look better with more in focus. Keep up the good work!

Your light flicker wasn't really too bad, but as for suppressing it, I am curious if you have followed all the recommended steps:

Turn off other lights in the room, don't stand in front of a light (your shadow will cause flicker), wear darker colored clothing, close your windows, turn all of your settings on your camera to manual mode (including ISO, Shutter speed, aperture, etc), make sure your lamp bulbs don't flicker a lot.

Last edited by rioforce (July 30, 2015 (09:56pm))

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Hey xxxgbhxxx, your work has really improved each time you do a new piece. I totally get the frustration on the light flicker.
Here's a thought that maybe you hadn't considered.

Is your camera plugged into a power strip for filming purposes? And if so, is it plugged into the same power strip as your lights?
I was working on a film in my basement for awhile and I had my camera plugged into the same power source as my lights, and each time I clicked the shutter on my camera, the lights flickered from the sudden use of power, which caused inconsistent light flicker in my shots. I fixed the problem by separating my lights from the power source of my camera.

Just a thought.
-Nate Swihart

http://orig13.deviantart.net/3968/f/2017/197/d/c/faaf_logo_4_1_by_orignl_ninja_knight-dbglsld.png