Topic: To Kill a Beast [D&L Entry]

Directory Link

To Kill a Beast

YouTube

Dilan, Evan, and James are last group of men that will go in to a maze-like wall around the kingdom to slay the beast that terrorizes their land. But killing the beast will be harder than they thought. Will they conclude victorious, or would they die by the hand of a monstrous secret?

Making Motion  Youtube

Re: To Kill a Beast [D&L Entry]

Great job on the cinematography in this film, I loved how you really captured the dark atmosphere very well.

My profile picture is deep fried lol

The cinematography in this is really impressive! The storyline is fairly simple, but not bad.
Overall this is a pretty good entry, I'm glad you could make it for the contest. Good luck!

Thx guys! Tried really hard to make this film! mini/bigsmile

Making Motion  Youtube

The sound quality could have been better, but other than that, it was fantastic. Very well animated. Well done!

William Osborne wrote:

The sound quality could have been better, but other than that, it was fantastic. Very well animated. Well done!

My microphone was not the best, unfortunately. I had a lot of trouble with sound in this film. But, I am happy how this film did at the end. Thx, though. mini/smile

Making Motion  Youtube

Very nice job, the story was good and animation and the audio wasn't that bad. I liked it a lot, keep up the good work!

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

You had some fantastic lighting set-ups, especially in the opening scene with the lighting coming through the door.
There's also nice variety of facial expressions, and clever use of the broken sword piece.
I really liked the wizard's laser effect. It wasn't too complex, but worked well.

Spoiler (click to read)

Actually killing the beast, but then resurrecting it every time, was a very nice twist on the classic kill-the-monster quest. Although, it's rather inefficient and slow as far as kingdom conquering schemes go.

I found the story a bit simple, and somewhat predictable, but was still engaging enough not to drag or feel too long.
And congratulations on finishing a longer film. It's a lot of work, but well worth the effort.
Hope you do well!

The story was quite predicable, was it. mini/lol But spending time animating it during a week long trip was hard enough and took a lot of effort. Glad everyone liked it and I hope it does well.

Making Motion  Youtube

The ambition of this was really cool. I appreciated the world you created in the film. I liked the twists and turns of the story, and I thought some of the lighting effects you tried were really cool; worked better than I thought they might have with filming on a webcam. At times it did seem like perhaps it could have benefited from a little more light to get a clean exposure, though.

The animation varied from quite good (most of the fight animation) to rough (most of the rest of it). The inconsistency surprised me, because I felt like the hard parts were the ones you did the best job with. I guess subtlety can be challenging in its own way!

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png