Topic: Sight and Sound Contest Availability Thread

Yet another Summer contest has just begun and it's important to know who is available for voice acting. Seeing as we will all want our voices for our films as soon as possible, it is good to know who is available. If you are willing to record lines, then please post your details in this thread to make it easier for a director to find you when the script is ready! Seeing as this year's contest has a lot to do with sound design, I thought it would be good if you could also include what type of microphone you use, as sound quality is a major theme in this year's contest.

Example:

William Osborne
Male, 15
Languages: English
Accents: English, French, Russian (If you would want me to try an American accent, I would be willing to give it a shot, but seeing as there are so many American voice actors on BiM, you probably won't need me to play an American).
Restrictions: No strong language, or anything too crude. I think that's all my restrictions though, anything else is fine.
Microphone: Snowball Condenser.

You could also list types of voices you feel you are good at or links to ones you've done in the past.

Good Luck!

Last edited by William Osborne (June 1, 2016 (03:01pm))

Re: Sight and Sound Contest Availability Thread

Name: Shelby Pritchard
Details: Male, 20
Languages: English, Redneck
Accent: American, Redneck, and I can try British. (1, 2, 3, See Profile for more of my work)
Restrictions: Violence is fine, but nothing too awfully excessive. No sexual content or language.
Microphone: Blue Snowball

Name: Aaron
Gender/Age: Male, 26
Accents: Somewhat versatile
Restrictions: Case-by-case basis.
Microphone: Blue Yeti with pop filter and portable sound booth

See link in signature for samples. Emails are preferred over PMs.

Last edited by Jargon (June 9, 2016 (01:10am))

Nathan Mellace
Male, 18
Language: English
Accent: American (willing experiment with a variety of accents)
Restrictions: None
Microphone: Blue Snowball
Availability: 7:00pm-12:00am EST.

You can contact me through email or PM. Either one is fine.

Jorden Davis
Male, 18
Accents: American accent, willing to try others (have done some british/scottish in the past).
Restrictions: If it's fine by the contest rules, it's fine by me.
Microphone: Blue Snowball, or if you'd prefer a Zoom H6 is available.

You can look in my profile to see films I've voice acted in; that has most of them.
Also, the best way to contact me is to email me at:
[email protected]
Do note, I will be out of town from June 26th until July 10th, and will be unavailable for any voice acting during that time period.

Ethan Olson
Male, 17
Accents: American, sort of decent British, and I'm told my Australian accent isn't too bad. mini/tongue
Restrictions: Family friendly films (most anything within contest restraints should be fine)
Microphone: Blue Snowball (with optional pop filter)
Availability: I'll be gone between June 25th and July 1st and between July 12th and 17th, but I should be free the rest of the contest period.

I haven't done a whole lot of voice acting, but I have a playlist with what I have done (mostly older stuff before my voice got deeper mini/tongue ).

Last edited by Mighty Wanderer (June 1, 2016 (10:43pm))

Mark Nelson
Male, 22
Language: English,
Accents: No one's told me. mini/wink  send me a sample of the style you're going for, and I'll see what I can do.
Restrictions: No wanton violence, nothing blasphemous, vulgar, or overly political.
Microphone: Samson Q2U, and I can do post processing for whatever effects you might want.

Check out my YT channel for samples, as I voce act somewhere in most of my films.

Last edited by MarkNelsonMovies (June 1, 2016 (03:58pm))

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B-S9Gk-8REITRVJVQXVwZkdBRk0
“But the enterprise in which I’m about to embark on is fraught with imminent peril.”

Aaron Williams
Male, 17
Accents: Pseudo-British
Restrictions: Very few
Microphone: Blue Yeti
Availability: Likely busy during mid to late July

I'll make up a playlist of other's animations I've been in on my channel

Got Brickfilms if you want em'
Youtube Channel | Twitter | Insta

Name: Dylan Johnson
Gender/Age: Male, 20 (will turn 21 mid-way through the contest)
Languages: English, Spanish, French, Chinese
Accents: I have a background in performing arts and theater and have done voice work professionally. I can do most American accents, Several British accents, Australian, thick Russian, and other regional accents from various countries. I also do impressions.
Restrictions: I’m fine with appearing in a film with minor swearing, but will not speak it myself. Blasphemy/cursing is out of the question, unless used in a religious context/situation.
Microphone: Blue Yeti /w pop filter.

I prefer to play villainous roles, but, really just enjoy playing any sort of character.

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Graeme Allen - Male, 23

Languages: English, ein kleines bisschen Deutsch (German)
Accents: American, but I'm willing to try some others.
Restrictions: Besides what should already be covered by the rules, *no language. I prefer to avoid overly violent rules, but this will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
Microphone: Blue Snowball with pop-filter.
Misc. Stuff: I do like to revise and improvise, especially if I find lines that sound weird when read verbatim. I'll generally ask if I can do variations on a line for this purpose. I also like to do over-the-top characters (yelling, overly dramatic, etc.). See my films Burgled! and Title is Irrelevant for some (old) examples. I am willing to do some singing; I am a baritone. I'd definitely be interested in villainous roles, so long as they conform to my restrictions listed above.

* I may be okay saying "hell" if used in reference to the place. Send me the script and I'll let you know.

P.S. Please send the entire script.

Last edited by Littlebrick (June 7, 2016 (08:59pm))

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Name: Jay Silver
Gender/Age: Male, 42
Accents: Eastern Canadian by default, willing to attempt others
Restrictions: None
Microphone: AT2020 (USB)

I'll try to get a reel posted at some point - I'm willing to attempt lots of different voices.

Name: Brick Block

Accents: American, British, Canadian, anything you need really, I'll give it a shot.

Restrictions: None really.

I love playing classy and villainous characters. Also an overly self-righteous hero can be fun sometimes. I apologize for my silly answers to some of these questions, it's just that I don't exactly feel comfortable giving out my personal info online. So I have tried to find a good and entertaining work around.

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Name: Charlie Lee
Gender/Age: Male, 18
Accent: British ("Estuary English" apparently...)
Restrictions:  Same as Dyland: "I’m fine with appearing in a film with minor swearing, but will not speak it myself."
Availability: I'm unavailable for most of July but the rest of the contest period should be pretty much fine.
Examples: I haven't done much voice work recently except for my THAC XII entry last year.

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

Name: Gustav Griswold
Accents: British, Southern American, German, German, Danish, Mexican, others more badly.
Restrictions: None, but if it requires yelling loudly, it'll take some more time as I'll have to wait to be home alone. But no moral or religious obligations to anything,
Microphone: Blue Snowball with Pop filter
Previous roles/Reel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P … 1WLb6CXjaS

Last edited by Guss Griswold (June 8, 2016 (03:36pm))

Ohhh! I slapped my leg but it's actually my balls!- Hal.

Name: Mary Charles (Brick7)
Gender/Age: Adult female, but can voice multiple ages
Accent: Various American dialects, French, British, and more (listen to the voice samples in my link). I am willing to give any accent a try.
Restrictions:  Will not voice in films that contain "adult" content, cussing, or take the Lord's name in vain.  Lego violence doesn't generally bother me.
Microphone: M-Audio Producer USB with pop filter

Note: Please send me the entire script, not just my lines, so I can get to know the character and express the right emotion.  I will send multiple versions of each line in MP3 format.

I will be unavailable during the last two weeks of July.

Last edited by Brick7 (June 7, 2016 (05:52pm))

Name: Joseph Hayden
Gender/Age: Adult male, highish voice so I can play teenagers easily enough.
Accent: Can do most American dialects alright. Willing to try other stuff.
Restrictions: Nope.
Microphone: Blue Snowball with pop filter.

Extras: Same as Brick7, need entire script and will do multiple takes.

Name: Matthew Kimball
Gender/Age: Male, 20
Accent: Typical American nobody with a somewhat high-ish voice (I'm from New England, so "theoretically" I should be able to do a good Boston Accent). I can fake a deeper voice pretty well. I'll try anything.
Restrictions:  No swearing or other questionable content. Violence isn't a huge issue. I'd prefer to look over the script before-hand before committing to anything.
Microphone: Blue Snowball with pop filter.
Availability: Should be available from now all the way to Sept. 1st.

Note: Like Brick7 and Squash, I'd prefer to have the entire script rather than just my lines and will do multiple takes of each line.

Last edited by Brickcrazy (June 13, 2016 (03:44am))

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

Name: Walker Wenzel
Gender/Age: Male, 17
Accent: Typical American, Canadianish, I can try others.
Restrictions: Nothing blasphemous. Pretty much anything else within contest rules should be fine. Like Dyland, I'm ok with being in a film that has swearing, but I'd prefer not to say the lines myself.
Microphone: Blue Yeti with pop filter.
Availability: I won't be around the last week of June, but any time other than that should be fine.
Note: Like the others have been saying, please send the whole script. I'll record multiple takes for you, too.

Last edited by AnimatorUnknown (June 8, 2016 (03:21pm))

Name: Rivvm m is all you need to know.
Gender/Age: Male, 18
Languages: English, Spanish
Accent: Northern USA, Any strength of Minnesotan/Canadian, open to trying others
Restrictions: No swearing or blasphemous or "R" rated stuff.
Microphone: Samson Meteor with pop filter
Availability: As of now, I am free most all of the summer until the second week of August.
Note: The same note as the last four people. Whole script and multiple takes.

"...just take stuff apart.  Be heartless, do not develop feelings for these sets..." -Squid
YouTube
My standards: Philippians 4:8

/

Last edited by LBF Productions (May 27, 2017 (01:51pm))