Topic: Best Paid for Software

Hello, I have recently discovered that my animating software has been the cause of all of my problems. I now plan on purchasing a capture software to animate. I have looked over the free software list posted by Rioforce, but I am also open to options to purchase. I have heard DragonFrame is highly recommended, but I don't believe I am ready for it yet. So what types of capture software do you use? Any software suggestions aside from DragonFrame? Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

Re: Best Paid for Software

What OS do you use? If Mac, you could get iStopmotion. If Windows, there are other programs out there. Also, what's your budget? That's a huge factor in deciding. I assume you use a webcam? That opens up the possibilities.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I use Windows 10, I also use the logitech c920 webcam. My budget is probably $0-$100. I really would like the full package as I used to do a decent amount of editing in my previous software along with capture. Any more information you need? Thanks again for the help!
EDIT: I am also interested on what you guys use for capture as well.

Last edited by Raptor Studios (March 7, 2017 (05:28pm))

Any ideas? mini/confused

I use Stop Motion Pro Eclipse. The HD version was $185 but there's an option for SD that's $75. It's a really easy to use capture program that has lots of user friendly tools like rig removal, paint on frames, import videos(I think), onionskinning, chromakey, markers and other stuff. I have the HD version and it works great with the Logitech c920. I'm pretty sure the only difference between the HD and SD is the resolution max. Its limited on SD and unlimited on HD. However, if you are considering using the SD, I would research in more detail if there's any more differences.
Here's a link to their website's feature list: http://www.stopmotionpro.com/index.php/ … ature-list
I suggest watching the videos on the website that show you the rig removal, paint on frames and other tools, to get an idea of what the program looks like.
It was definitely worth it for me. I love the program a lot.
I Hope this helps!
mini/smile

Supermelty Productions
Voice Over Website: ianwood.site

Thanks! I am going to put it on my list for options I might choose. This looks like a good software.

If you're looking for something more affordable, Animashooter is a good option, it's what I use. The version for DSLR's is $50, but there's a cheaper version for webcams. It's maybe slightly short on features compared to some other paid programs, but it's also cheaper and incredibly stable, I'm yet to have a crash. More on it from me here.