Topic: Culmination: A Sequel to Fulfillment

Directory Link

Culmination
Length:  9:54

Youtube
Mobile Version Download (iPod/iPhone ready .m4v) - 66.5 MB

Synopsis:  Now that he has become a successful businessman, Jason brings joy to a city in this story filled with music, humor, and drama.  (This is a sequel to one of my previous films, Fulfillment.)

The story of Culmination was conceived and refined over several months, but the actual animation was done in the space of 3 days.  I finally decided I should make it, since it was almost time to leave for college (and I would not be taking bricks with me).  mini/smile

Into this film I poured almost all of the brickfilming skills I've learned over the past 4 years.  It is the culmination of my efforts.  But my biggest goal in this was to glorify the Lord, and to tell a great story that would encourage you to live for others and take action for their good.

This may be one of my last brickfilms.  Perhaps I will return to brickfilming on college breaks, or perhaps not; I can't say for sure.  In any case, I sincerely hope you enjoy this film.  I also hope that the brickfilming community continues to thrive as it has for so long.  If there is one piece of advice I can give:  tell good stories.  As they say at Pixar, "Story is king."  Entertain.  Awe.  Inspire.  Use your skills to move your audience in a good and special way.  Animation is a powerful medium.

Finally, I just want to thank you all for the awesome community you've been and for all the encouragement you've given to me.  This isn't really one of those "I'm leaving kthnxbye" threads, but it is at the very least the end of a "season of brickfilming" for me.  So thank you, and at least for a little while, farewell.

Last edited by Nate (August 26, 2009 (08:42am))

Re: Culmination: A Sequel to Fulfillment

Wow, I thought that was a great film 10/10 you really did use all of your skills in this, good job mini/bigsmile

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

I really enjoyed that, it was a great sequel to your other film.  I found that it was extremely easy to get through, despite being almost ten minutes and that's hard to do, imo.

The music worked very nicely and it was also technically very well done.  You portrayed emotion without actual dialogue very well and it was overall just a very feel-good film.  Great Job!

Stuff to think about, this needs a Bricksinmotion Award!

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

I just saw fulfillment the other day. I am excited to see this one. (I know I will want to download this, so I am just going to wait until you get the download link out. mini/smile )

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

You may of already read my comment on youtube, but I can't express how good it was. The way you told the story was fantastic. The way that you only had use of camera angles, character movement, a few facial expressions and no dialoge to tell us whats going on and what the characters are thinking was amazing. Its got such a happy feel to it as well. I love the way you see the guy from his memories in the audience, along with spider man! It was quite funny the way you had some random characters in the audience.

http://tinyurl.com/67k2bg3
http://tinyurl.com/63xal8hhttp://tinyurl.com/6da2bpuhttp://tinyurl.com/66q72xzhttp://tinyurl.com/6efhkyohttp://tinyurl.com/6jzmuoa

I was seriously crying at the end. It was so touching. I am not going to point out any flaws. This film is flawless.
there may have been a few flaws, but seriously, those flaws do not matter. This film is amazing, and I love it.
Thank you so much for making this brickfilm. It was a great sequel to Fufilment. Every aspect of the story was amazing.
Once again, great job and thank you for making this.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Culmination By Nathan Mancini
5/5

This film reminded me of The Shawshank Redemption. That is a good thing. This has to be one of the best, if not best, brickfilms I have ever seen. Every aspect was correct. It moved me. This is a film that makes you wanna do something good. I think we've got ourselves a nominee for the BiMAs 2009.
Could you, by the way, please send me a link to the songs used? They were great.

Once again, great job on this great brickfilm. This truly brought a tear to me eye. If you've seen Fulfillment, see this.

-Don

New film:
In Pre-Production...]

I thoroughly enjoyed this film. An excellent film that, to me, has become an instant classic. It has all the elements of a "classic" brickfilm.

Amazing. Simply amazing. The story was brought to the viewers fantastically. It explained how a homeless man can easily become a successful business owner in an amazing way. Like Donsalvatore said, it makes you wanna do something good for people. And also, it deserves a BiMAs 2009, like T.G.-Tom and Donsalvatore said. And the animation was very well done, as well as the editing, cinematography, and selection of music. Another 10/10 film. Good job.

Culmination
11/10
Few words can truly describe this film..... Tear jerking, absolutely amazing, incredible. I have never seen a more emotional brickfilm. No film such as this one. Amazing..... The music was perfect, the animation and cinematography were stupendous. The sets were gorgeous.  I love this film. If it doesn't touch you then you're cold as stone. The fact that there was no dialogue is simply brilliant.

Thank you all for the wonderful comments.  I couldn't have asked for a better reception!

Donsalvatore wrote:

Could you, by the way, please send me a link to the songs used? They were great.

Certainly.  Here's the complete music tracklist from the film.  (Some tracks were only used in part.)  All tracks should be available on iTunes or Amazon.

Cemeteries of London - Vitamin String Quartet
Central Park - James Newton Howard (from "King Kong")
Violet Hill - Vitamin String Quartet
Devious Plan - David Arnold (from "Amazing Grace")
Life in Technicolor - Vitamin String Quartet
Ocean Avenue - Vitamin String Quartet
Pressing On - Vitamin String Quartet

As you may know, the Vitamin String Quartet pieces are not original compositions, they're string tributes to other artists' songs (in this case, Coldplay, Yellowcard, and Relient K).

Once again, I really appreciate all the feedback.

Thanks! I really appreciate it. Keep up the good work.

-Don

New film:
In Pre-Production...]

This movie has something that I rarely come across these days: a heart. Right from when the two Violinists started playing, I was instantly in love. Such a perfect marriage of visuals, story and the music….oh god the music!
Technically, there isn’t anything special – though the story doesn’t command it. The ending is incredibly sweet and satisfying,
I cannot recommend this enough. It has emotions towards the characters that makes you forget you are watching a bunch of plastic toys – and I have nothing but praise for this masterpiece.

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

This was marvelous! the story was beutiful, and I really like the way you animated the fountain with a space crater. mini/smile

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Wow! This was amazing simply amazing. The story was without flaw and the animation was well done. Emotionally gripping but still funny. Great job!

Truly amazing. A very touching film. It was absolutely flawless and captures much attention. I have watched the film 4 times already, I just love it! One detail I like is how you put a light in the fountain for the night scene.

After a five year hiatus, I have returned

THAC 8: The Cleanup
Website|YouTube

This is one of the most heart-warming films I've ever come across. If only we could hug brickfilms.

YouTube|Website|Twitter
[21:41]RockyBubblesRobert>Oh yeah, KG is here!
[21:41]|<--KG has left irc.msgplus.net (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)

Spectacular.
You've crafted an elegant story of redemption and grace that is hardly heavy-handed and remains both enlightening and entertaining to watch. The music was similarly excellent.
This is one that's definitely going on the hard drive. mini/smile
- Aaron

Oh! How very nice! I loved the music and cinematography and animation were great! But the best thing I liked was the fantastic story, all told without one bit  of dialogue! Wonderful mini/smile !

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3275/3140557244_9e281a778c_o.jpg