Topic: For Trubador

Directory Link

For Trubador

YouTube.com

WARNING: This film contains material that may be inappropriate for viewers under the age of 13.

This is a film about a man whose partner and friend is killed in the line of duty, and the revenge that he bestows upon the men who killed him.

Re: For Trubador

OH MY GOD

ITS CAPTAINBULLDOG

(BTW I think its "troubadour" if that's the word you meant)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Hm..very dark.That is rather hard to pul off in a brickfilm so...bravo.
Some of the effects were excellent, such as the clay wallet and the gun being pulled from a jacket.the action was top-notch, realy great stuff.I find it very hard to show a story with no dialogue, and you pulled it off excellently.I personlly believe this is one of the best films of the year and may just be one f your best movies.

Awesome.

-JAM

EDIT:Has been flagged by Youtube.I saw it before it was flagged!Screw you, Youtube!

Last edited by Just_a_Minifig (December 25, 2009 (12:18pm))

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

Oh seriously, a brickfilm flagged?
Absolutely ridiculous.
Do you think you would be able host somewhere else as well, Bulldog? If not, I suppose I can always make an alternate account. For your work, it would be worth the extra effort. mini/wink

FLAGGED???!

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

You can just log off youtube and watch the film, you don't have to create a new account..

Loved the film, nice blood effects. Highly entertaining.

Love the banging scene lol

Why would it be flagged?

The Sex Scene... That sucks that it was flagged mini/sad

Persist.

Here's a Vimeo link.

fib12345 wrote:

(BTW I think its "troubadour" if that's the word you meant)

Yes, the word is spelled Troubadour (which is an old word that means a performer and composer, like a minstrel), but I wanted to simplify the spelling for the character's name.

First off: Omg, lego sex. mini/eek mini/blankexpression

In terms of direction, the influence of coppola is felt, and this is indeed one of the better brickfilms ive seen this year.

The problem is, this is definitely gonna be a divider, you either dig it, or you don't. I dug it, no, this isn't a brickfilm for the whole community, but for those who can appreciate it, this is a great one by all means.

Teh Tripod has teh extra boost.

I am devoted to proving that the brickfilm art can be just as serious, emotional, and entertaining as anything in the professional film industry.

Wow, it got flagged on youtube. That's the first I've ever seen a brickfilm get flagged. mini/eek

mcoov wrote:

Wow, it got flagged on youtube. That's the first I've ever seen a brickfilm get flagged. mini/eek

Didn't some of Blunty's brickfilms get flagged though? mini/wink

This is a pretty interesting film. There are lots of innovative things animationwise: most of the gun-related animation such as reloading, taking them out of pockets, cocking a shotgun etc were very nice to watch. It was also pretty nice to see a story told with the images instead of the actual dialog. The gore was done pretty well as well: the intestines grossed me out slightly, and it's not a big surprise that the film got flagged as a mature on YouTube with all the gore, sex, drugs(?) and violence.

However, I wouldn't say that this is a great film overall, as it has its shortcomings. The story is pretty thin, and seems to be centered around a gun fight scene. On top of that, the lack of overall voices makes the film a bit boring to watch. Groans and moans during sex and fight scenes aren't necessarily dialogue, and the film could have benefited a lot from more of these. On top of that the set design was a bit uninteresting (the house set was pretty basic), and the audio was also slightly below standard compared to the rest, although the music was quite nice.

All in all this is a film people who have no fear of gore, violence and adult material will probably enjoy, but it does feel like it could have been so much more.

Brilliant film Jason.

The quality was outstanding the house set was well done and your effects of reloading and taking out
bullets were great. At the end I thought that that guy who killed Trubador had too much blood on him
which made it seem rather fake. And on the topic of YouTube flagging it, its obviously because of the
sex scene and all the violene. If you can't watch it Log Out.

Overall Jason 5/5.

BertL wrote:

The story is pretty thin, and seems to be centered around a gun fight scene.

Well, when I started shooting the film, it only was a gun fight that was going to last about two minutes, which I was only making for fun to try out my new camera. But like almost everything else I make, it grew much larger; I came up with a reason why the Police officers were attacking the criminals and I added the funeral in the beginning and the flashback toward the end.

BertL wrote:

On top of that the set design was a bit uninteresting (the house set was pretty basic)

Yeah, that may be true, however that is the best house I can make with the LEGOs that I have. Out of curiosity, how often do you see a house in a brickfilm with stairs up to a second floor? (It might be common in brickfilms but I don't know because I don't watch many)

HomerBall wrote:

And on the topic of YouTube flagging it, its obviously because of the sex scene and all the violene.

I think it's probably just because of the sex scene. I doubt someone would flag a brickfilm for being violent. I'm just surprise that no one has posted complaining about it yet. If I use the word "damn" in a brickfilm, there's always someone telling me I shouldn't use "bad words" in my films, but I release something like this and no one has complained. Apart from it being flagged, of course...

HomerBall wrote:

If you can't watch it Log Out.

Are you sure that works? I can't view it if I'm logged out.

Captain Bulldog wrote:
HomerBall wrote:

If you can't watch it Log Out.

Are you sure that works? I can't view it if I'm logged out.

I can watch it when I Log Out of my account. But I can watch it even if I'm logged in aswell. mini/tongue

Though I feel very critical of most of what has come out of the Boyle household (especially my own stuff mini/tongue ) I feel this film excels very well for several reasons, including (but not limited to) lack of dialgoue, which sinks 99% of 'serious' LEGO movies in my opinion, and the best LEGO sex scene ever filmed. Plus it has this slow brooding intensity that I quite like.

Shame about the giant jack@ss who flagged it, but what ya gonna do.

Edit

Tripod wrote:

First off: Omg, lego sex. mini/eek mini/blankexpression

In terms of direction, the influence of coppola is felt, and this is indeed one of the better brickfilms ive seen this year.

The problem is, this is definitely gonna be a divider, you either dig it, or you don't. I dug it, no, this isn't a brickfilm for the whole community, but for those who can appreciate it, this is a great one by all means.

Hey-o! Tripod. You still making films?

Last edited by Shale (December 26, 2009 (04:37pm))

Smoking marijuana, eating Cheez Doodles, and masterfully debating do not constitute 'plans' in my book - Walter 'Heisenberg' White

I actually managed to watch this brickfilm twice before it got flagged, but apart from that issue at hand; I'd say this is a great brickfilm, I like it how you didn't use any dialogue whatsoever, yet you can easily figure out the story of this brickfilm. Also what I liked about this brickfilm was that how well the effects were done, especially the gore effects which I really liked and I also thought that the sets looked nice, although they may look simple, I still liked the style of which the sets were built.

Overall I say this is a great brickfilm, although some whiny bugger had to flag the video, most likely over that rather silly sex scene (to be honest, I found it hilarious mini/XD), I really enjoyed it.

Great work, Captain Bulldog, you did a fine job with this brickfilm. mini/smile

-storgero

YouTube | PlayStation Network: storgero | Xbox LIVE: storgero | Steam: storgero

Wow, I thought that was an excellent film. I'd say it should definitely be up for the brickinmotion awards. The animation was really great too, that sex scene was pretty funny, I didn't expect that. mini/lol
But really, the gun violence animation was fantastic. I loved the little things, like the flawless looking animation of someone pulling a gun out of their jacket, stuff like that really enthralled me. And I also loved how no one said a word throughout the whole thing, but I still understood everything perfectly.
Great film, hope it gets some awards. mini/smile

Oh before I forget, the one minifig's sideburns are EPIC.

Definatly one of the best films of the year

-Darkman

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]