Topic: The Definitive Guide to LEGO Communities, Stores and Blogs

Seeing as how this is a community that makes films with LEGO, I thought it would be prudent to have a guide for you all to enhance your LEGO...ness.  I am not a part of all these forums (in fact, barely any), and if I made any mistakes please feel free to tell me.  As for the stores, I only added ones that I thought were unique, so please alert me to any others and any mistakes I have made.  I hope this proves helpful!

Communities

Brickarms Forums The forums of Brickarms.  Holds contests, and find new information about Brickarms weapons.
Brickforge Forums The forums of Brickforge.  Mostly pertains to Brickforge items.
BrickHorizon 16+ LEGO enthusiasts forum.
Brickspace I won't be adding many more blogs, but this is an uber cool one talking about LEGO stuff.
Builder’s Lounge LEGO Builders forum for discussing and displaying.
The Brothers Brick Not exactly a community, but one of the most popular LEGO blogs, regularly taken from for Gizmodo.
BZ Power Bionicle enthusiasts forum.
CABG Clone Army Builder's Guild.  What do you think they talk about?
Classic Castle A large forum devoted to castle MOC’s.
Classic Pirates A large forum devoted to pirate MOC’s.
Classic Space A large forum devoted to space MOC’s.
Eurobricks A 18+ board that discusses a wide spectrum of LEGO related things.
FBTB (From Bricks to Bothans) A large mainly Star Wars related board.
Flickr Quickly becoming one of the most popular places for LEGO enthusiasts to show their work.  Multiple communities contained in groups.
Forbidden Cove Another pirate related forum similar to Classic Castle.
FreeLUG A French LEGO enthusiast network.
LDraw Discussion Groups Part of LUGNet that discusses the popular brick-rendering program LDraw.
LUGNet A worldwide LEGO enthusiast network.
MOCpages A places to show off your LEGO creations and discuss them.
Minifig Customization Network Currently undergoing construction, this used to be a large forum talking about minifigure customization.
Outside the Brick General LEGO discussion.

Stores

Arealight's Custom Work Custom resin cast minifigure accessories; specialty is Star Wars, but has other items of note as well.
Brickarms Custom-molded ABS weapons (WWII, Modern, Future) available around the globe with multiple resellers.
Brickforge Custom plastic-injected minifgure accessories whose lineup includes animals, weapons, armor, and hair.
Bricklink One of the most popular sources for buying individual or bulk pieces with sellers the world round.
Brickmodder Custom LED in bricks or minifigures.  Also has a Lifelites shop.
Findmybrick Reliable seller with large selection.
Fine Clonier Decals High quality decals that encompass every universe and every need.  Also offers resin casts as well.
Jager Enterprises (Closed) Currently closed, but offers resin casted products from Star Wars to Castle to hairpieces.
Little Armory Custom-molded ABS weapons; specializes in Castle, Modern, and Star Wars weapons.
The Little Arms Shop A knock-off of Little Amory, not advised, but it could be convenient.  Has a few more weapons.
MMCB Customs Australian dealer who specializes in fabric accessories in many colors.  Will take custom orders.
Unknown Artist's Studio Australian dealer who specializes in custom capes, shields, and has a neat vibrosword.
Saber Scorpion's Lair High-quality label decal printing with selection from Firefly to Halo to Resident Evil.
Stone-Art Newer vendor with custom LED displays.  Great for realistic lighting in sets.

Last edited by Cheshire (January 16, 2009 (10:02pm))

Re: The Definitive Guide to LEGO Communities, Stores and Blogs

Hows about adding The CABG to the list?

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

I have added MOCpages and CABG.

Last edited by Cheshire (January 10, 2009 (09:00pm))

Brickspace  Sort of.

LDraw

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I dont think LDraw counts. Does it?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

I didn't think so at first, but I added the discussion groups.  LDraw is pretty important, IMO.

Can we add Lego related blogs?

This guy has some tiny but awesome Lego creations...link
Besides, someone that makes teeny tiny transformers out of Lego must be pretty awesome.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

The Brickish Association - A British - AFOLs group (Adult Fans of Legos Group)

http://www.brickish.org/

LDraw does have monthly contests, as well, which contribute to the site's community aspect.  Though these "monthly" contests haven't been updated in several months, now.

I would suggest splitting blogs off into their own sub-category.  That way you could list any that might be of interest to people.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

This is definitely a bump-worth reference, in my opinion.

This should get sticked.

http://imgur.com/qO642.png

You might want to add Brickshelf to the list.  Though it does not really have a "community," so to speak, it still has a mass selection of fan made LEGO creations, and also allowes free image hosting.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BuilderBrothers/signatures/thac14sig.png

...brickfilms.com?

Why? The last non-spam post was three days ago and half of the "active topics" are spam. Not to mention that it offers nothing you can't find here except for some crappy resources.