Topic: City KREW, Episode 1: "Right Place at the Right Time"

Directory Link

City KREW, Episode 1: "Right Place at the Right Time"

City KREW Episodes

When Rita takes a tumble in Octopolis Park, concerned Octopolians come to her aid in a show of exceptional bravery and teamwork.

When things go awry in Octopolis, call the ]City] K]R]E]W]!]

www.citykrew.com

Re: City KREW, Episode 1: "Right Place at the Right Time"

Wow that was... different but i like it, nice one!!! can't wait for more episodes

Wow, just wow. That was the best brickfilm i've watched since 'Culmination'.
The opening titles made me smile so much, that I decided that I wouldn't care if the animation during the rest of the film was horrible, which it wasn't. The storylines in all the episodes seemed cheesy, but I can forgive you of that because they are all so awesome.

Unfortunatly, there was something that bothered me: The mouth movement, the movement didn't cover the mouthes fully, so it looked like the sides of their mouthes were glued shut.

Other then that one problem, I fully enjoyed these films. mini/bigsmile

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

Not bad at all! I really enjoyed them! Kind of reminds me of "The Adventures of Eddy and Jane". mini/smile

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.
||YouTube||BrickShelf||Vimeo|

I loved it. You mixed lego into the real world with effects nearly perfectly. The only thing I didn't like was that it was the real world. If you could j=have made the sets out of lego, it would have been awesome, not that it wasn't enough.

4.89/5

Thanks everyone!

@ Duke Boy: Yep, cheesy storylines, because they're kind of aimed at younger kids. I'm trying to throw in a few subtle things for the older crowd as well (e.g. OMG news), like they do in the Wallace and Gromit animations.

And mouth movement... well, what a pain in the arse that is. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it at all, but I felt in the end that it was worth the effort. Could definitely be improved though, thanks for the feedback.

@ michaelsmovies: I plan on integrating more LEGO sets in future episodes, but they're still be in the real world. I didn't want to do 100% LEGO because I wanted to do something different. That and I probably don't have enough bricks.

www.citykrew.com

that was... different. The way you make a film, with greenscreening throughout the whole film was very enjoyable to watch.

The greenscreening could have been better at parts, and you could have put a bit more time into the animation.
The voice actors made a great job, all matching the roles.
Animation wasn't the best I've seen, but it was smooth and not bad at any parts. The script was very well written, a story that I haven't seen something that's anything like it. Good job on the chainsaw effect. I gave you a youtube subscription, that you certainly deserved.

I can highly recommend watching this film.

Animation: 7/10
Script:  8,5/10
Effects: 7/10
Sound: 8/10
Overall: 7,5/10

Thanks for the feedback and sub, lumasproductions.

I'd really appreciate any more specific feedback on the animation and green screen problems you mentioned. I know some of the anims were a bit jumpy where I had secured the props properly. I've invested in some better lighting now to improve the green screen.

One big problem I had was that the LEGO is so reflective, it often caused the white bricks to pick up so much green that they got keyed out as well. Any ideas on that?

www.citykrew.com

I'm not an expert in greenscreening in any way, only tried it and then I really failed mini/smile
It was only that you could see some green things sometime but it didn't destroy the film.
And the animation was very good. No real mistaces, just improvable. It could have been more smooth but it wasn't needed to make a great film. This one was one of the best I've seen in a while, cause it's DIFFERENT. Witch is really hard this days. Well done, I'm looking forward to see what's up next mini/smile

Some of the best green screening I've ever seen! The people moved a little bit on the sit, but this was great! Good voice acting for most of it. Good job though, I can't wait to see some more.

formerly brickman
If life gives you lemons , make a very peculiar brickfilm about giant lemons.

Way to go for unique style.

- Leo

Unique, creative, and appropriate for all ages.  Great job!  Can't wait to see more! mini/smile

Awesome! We love the true-life forest settings. Great job! mini/smile