Topic: The Mistake

Directory Link

The Mistake

Click To Watch

An assassin mixes up his targets, and tries to kill the wrong man. (100% improvised)

Last edited by Rotten Fruit (February 24, 2010 (02:47pm))

[img]=/Users/samfruitman/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/19-Jul-10/rotten fruit pictures logo GOOD.tiff[/img]

Re: The Mistake

I suppose that was pretty good, it had a decent plot and a twist at the end, even if it does seem like a story created around a fight scene. The set design and TV special effect were pretty well done. The main thing I didn't like about the film was that it used names that are already associated with things in today's pop culture, Widmore is one of most important characters on Lost, Megacorp is the name of a company in the Ratchet and Clank games, and using Extreme Ways over the credits was not a great idea considering how much that is associated with the Bourne trilogy.
The sounds could be improved, the pew-pew noises weren't really effective as gunshots (if that's what you were going for) and the audio quality of the dialogue wasn't great.

Sorry if I sound overly negative, but I like to nitpick.  Constructive criticism is useful, and that's why I do it.

Re: The Mistake

Thanks, I will definitely take these things into account next time. This film was actually all improvised, and ya it was kind of based around the fight scene. I know it's hard to hear, but his name is Whitmore, not Widmore. I also dont own Ratchet and Clank, so i didnt know that was the name of the company. As for the gunshots, you'll notice the guns had silencers on them, so putting a loud gunshot noise on them would not be accurate.

Thanks again!

[img]=/Users/samfruitman/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/19-Jul-10/rotten fruit pictures logo GOOD.tiff[/img]