Topic: The BiM Broadcast - Episode 5 Now Released! (We're Back!)

The Unofficial BiM Broadcast!
Hello everybody! And welcome to the official thread for the unofficial Bricksinmotion.com broadcast! We have been planning this for quite a long time, and we have finally gotten around to doing it! So from now on, we will be doing a broadcast once a week, every Wednesday, until we all die!

Below is the episode list, which will be updated weekly every time a new episode comes out! 

EPISODE 1 - PILOT - INTRO:  Download
People on this episode: Just Kidden, Scypax, MooCJ, Jargon.

EPISODE 2 - The Original Conflict: Download
People on this episode: Just Kidden, Scypax (for second half), MooCJ, Jargon.

EPISODE 3 - Duplo is Gay: Download
People in this episode: Just Kidden, Scypax, Jargon. SPECIAL GUEST:] Sean "filmyguy" Willets.

EPISODE 4 - Septemberfest: Download
People in this episode: Just Kidden, MooCJ, Scypax (for second half), Jargon. SPECIAL GUEST:] Sean "Brickhead/Sean" Warton.

EPISODE 5 - Amateur Psychologists Soundcloud streaming, Mediafire download.
People in this episode: Jargon, Just Kidden and Squash.

Please PM us your suggestions for the next episodes.

Also, follow the BiM Broadcast on twitter, and Like us on Facebook!

Last edited by BiM Talk (August 31, 2011 (01:22pm))

THE BiM BROADCAST

Discussion Thread | Twitter | Facebook

Re: The BiM Broadcast - Episode 5 Now Released! (We're Back!)

YEEEEEAAAAAHHH!!!! mini/bigsmile

I'm listening to it now, I like it. One thing, though, it sounded like an angry robotic duck was growling throughout the recording. Apart from that it was good.

Last edited by Danimation (October 6, 2010 (09:34pm))

That would be Just Kidden's fan in his computer. mini/tongue

Please PM us your suggestions for the next episode.

THE BiM BROADCAST

Discussion Thread | Twitter | Facebook

Try not to complain about certain threads like the HP one. Just because you guys think it's dumb doesn't mean others don't enjoy it. It will make them feel bad knowing that you guys might rant about it.

Happy THACing mini/sunnies

"This show is like a terrible four-way stop where no one knows the right of way"

LOL, best line in the whole thing for sure.  It also pretty much sums up the main problems.  In my opinion, you guys should plan out the episodes really well and make sure everyone knows the order of topics before you start, so you can avoid the cutting people off, awkward pauses and such.  Editing it down afterwards just to get rid of wasted space would help too.  And this may be just me, but I'd prefer shorter segments, maybe around 15 mins?

I still enjoyed it though.  I think having a radio show is an awesome idea so I hope you guys keep it up.

Lots of room for improvement, but fun. Will you have other people join the show as guests?

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Thanks for the feedback, Fancypants. We're definitely going to plan things out better next time. This first episode was kind of a toe-in-the-water moment. Glad you liked it though! mini/bigsmile

Goldenbrick, Scypax actually referred to the "stupid Harry Potter trend" in a moment of irony, as he was the starter of said trend.

Yes, thank you guys for all of the feedback! We are hoping the next episode was go a bit more smoothly. But I'm happy to see so many people are enjoying it so far. mini/smile

And yeah, Goldenbrick, (As Jargon has already kindly pointed out) I was making a joke about that "stupid Harry Potter trend"...as I am the one who started it hehe. I made the joke after Jargon (or maybe it was MooCJ) asked if there was anything else about the forums that we needed to talk about or rant about or something. hehe.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

Shut Up!  BOOM!

Last edited by MadBrick (October 7, 2010 (07:24am))

Sean wrote:

Will you have other people join the show as guests?

We hope so. mini/sweat

Thanks for all the feedback, guys!

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Relevance of the theme tune? I can't find it. Also volume was a tad quiet.

I like the idea, though the execution could gave been better. I'm sure it will develop over time. Also, what trend did I attempt to start, as mentioned near the end?

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

YES! I was hoping something like this would happen!!!

I think the thing you guys need to work on is background noise, other then that I think it's awesome.

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

I love it. I call first special guest. mini/smile

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.
||YouTube||BrickShelf||Vimeo|

I got bored about a 3rd of the way through because there was an annoying echo, someone was shaving in the background and everyone kept saying "um...". I was barely able to follow the topic. Also, the theme tune was really over the top.
Sorry to be blunt about it, but that wasn't enjoyable.

That was fairly enjoyable.  However, we would suggest a few things be changed for future episodes:

1. Edit out unnecessary dialogue.  No one needs to hear 100 "um"s and 50 "what's it again?"s.

2. Try to keep down the backround noise if at all possible.  It is quite a bit annoying.  (It sounded like someone was casting a fishing pole at times)

3. Keep to the point, and don't say what you don't like about members, but what you do like about members.  Think possitive, not negative.

4. Maybe have a new guest member everytime (to keep it interesting).  You could interview them and then talk about what you like best about their films or which one was your favorite.

5. Maybe give a Brickfilming tip each time, to help newbies that are listening to this.

6. Keep the show organized and to the point.  Don't keep digressing.  It's funny at first, but then it just gets annoying.

Anyways, can't wait for the next episode.  Good luck! mini/smile

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BuilderBrothers/signatures/thac14sig.png

Yeah, basiclly entirely what the builder brothers said.  Oh, and keep the EVERYBODY SHUT UP! BOOM! at the end, or at least have JK say something funny.  Looking forward to next Wednesday.

Awesome feedback, guys! Really appreciate it. The audio quality will be improved next time around.
The echo was generated from my lack of intelligence to where headphones mini/tongue  so there was output from my speakers going into my mic.

Next time we will have more time to prep as we just kind of really jumped on the fact we all on skype, sort of thing.

The backround noise was mainly my fault due to my crappy computer fan. I'll be using a different computer next time we do it. And yes, we will organize much more next time.

And Madlibs, why does it have to be me? mini/tongue BECAUSE IT'S COMMUNISM!]

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon