Topic: LegOpinion's BiM Contest Reports - Septemberfest Edition

Hello everyone, and welcome to my Septemberfest Survival Guide entry number 1. Today is, as you can probably guess, the first day of the Septemberfest. Obviously today is full of news, including the theme which is - "No dialogue"! The contest seems really popular so far, so lets have a quick look on what we can look forward to.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Interviews
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For one we have an entry from HomerBall for definite, called "Life Is Tough"! So far it's in scripting and he's building sets. So now lets go over to an interview with him.

LegOpinions: What are your thoughts on the theme of the contest?
Homerball: I think the theme is amazing, very creative. I have always wanted to do a silent film.

LO: So what do you hope to achieve with your entry?
HB: I hope I at least get into the top 20 or 10, I know I won't get first. Heh heh!

LO: Right, what can we expect from the entry?
HB: It will probably be about 1 - 2 Minutes long. It will be a bit more mature than my other films too.

Next we have news from KinzCove studios, where he's working on his new film "Hyper-realism". It will be a rom-com, so we've heard, but what else? Lets see what we can get out of him!

LO: So Kinzcove, how do you feel about the contest?
KC: I like the theme, very interesting, works great with an idea I thought of a few weeks earlier. The organization is nice, I really am not fond Sean threw in a mod element though.

LO: Great! So what can we expect from your entry?
KC: You will expect fun in the sun! My entry will be funny and stylish.

LO: So finally, who do you hope to beat in placing?
KC: Everyone.

And that completes our interviews for today! *PM me if you're interested in doing one and I'll send you back the questions.

Updates

And now from Vik, we have some personal words on his entry:

I'm doing a Septemberfest entry, I've already completed my script, it's called 'Hallucination'. It'll have black and white scenes mainly but a few scenes are really colorful. That's all I am willing to reveal about it.

And some words from Infurno:

I'm writing my screen at the moment. I have an idea and I'm turning it into a screenplay at the moment. Nothing definite yet though. I don't know if this idea will make a good screenplay.

Shout-outs

So remember to look out for that! Also to look forward to we have Juggernaut Picture's entry, Fire and Brimstone, and Chuppa's, DreamScape.

Remember to check back here everyday for updates, interviews, and more. *And if you'd like one yourself PM me or ask when I'm on Chat. Reports go live at 6:00PM GMT (Usually) however it may vary. Also remember to check out my YouTube channel, LegOpinions, for weekly audio updates.

Last edited by Onion (September 1, 2010 (11:09am))

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Re: LegOpinion's BiM Contest Reports - Septemberfest Edition

Thanks for interviewing me LegOpinions! mini/bigsmile

Can't wait for the next one. Thanks for the shout out for my film.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Chuppa/Signatures/sig1.png

Great ^^, Good job LegOpinions !

I like this Survival Guide, LegOpinions.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8545/28902888022_9f0ab167b0_m.jpg

I love this idea. Awesome.

Love the interviews! mini/bigsmile  Great job.

This is a cool idea, thanks for the interview

Can't wait till tomorrow. mini/wink

I like it.

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

Good idea, LegO.

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

Make more, please mini/smile . Thanks for the shout-out, btw.

http://tinyurl.com/krwj4ek
http://tinyurl.com/kvxr6umhttp://tinyurl.com/kxofj4mhttp://tinyurl.com/k5fw3syhttp://tinyurl.com/m4rv8tf

Nice idea! I really like this.
INTERVIEW ME INTERVIEW ME INTERVIEW ME]
-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Update:
Thanks for all your support and help, today's report is running very smoothly. I currently have 16 Interview requests so be patient and I will get around to everyone. Today's report will be a bit later today as I'm off out for half the day, so expect the report a little later then usual.
Many thanks!
LegOpinions

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Where is it?

Thanks for interviewing me! You're doing a great job!

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

A bit less than 1 hour and a half left.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Chuppa/Signatures/sig1.png

Hello everyone, and welcome to my Septemberfest Survival Guide entry number 2. Today has been an interesting day as the MOD Element has apparently been dropped by Sean, but for better or for worse?

Leave your thoughts in the comments below.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Interviews

We heard a little bit about his entry in yesterday's report, so lets get the full story in a special Interview with Vik, about his entry. So what can get out of him today? Lets find out, shall we?

LegOpinions: What are your thoughts on the theme of the contest?
vik: I quite like the theme, I had the luck of coming up with an idea fast and turning it into a screenplay. The fact that dialogue is not allowed means we don't have to search voice actors, that I definately like. It allows us to just jump in and work on our entry, no need to wait on people to begin.

LO: So what do you hope to achieve with your entry?
vik: I'm entering purily for fun. Though winning might be awesome, I doubt I'm going to, but I don't mind.

LO: Right, what can we expect from the entry?
vik: I estimate it'll be around 3 minutes or so. The thing I'm doing is very different from my other work, so the audience might be surprised.

Second up is Lil'jj in our round of interviews, lets get to see what we can find out about his entry.

LO: So how do you feel the contest is playing out? Do you think it's running smoothly?
Lil'jj: I think it's running smoothly so far, and people are really getting a jump on it, but I think towards the end of the contest we might see people wanting to push back the deadline because that can't finish on time.

LO: Right, so can you tell us anything about the films plot?
Lil'jj: My film is called Studs (working title), and it's about what little Lego studs do after all the minifigures go to bed. It's just gonna be fun!

LO: And finally, is their any entry in particular from some brickfilmer you're especially excited about? Thanks!
Lil'jj: I haven't really kept up with any particular entry this early in, but we'll just have to wait and see. Hahaha.

And finally we have an interview with popular 24 Fps Brickfilmer, CheesyBricks, who will be entering a sequel to his successful Cheese Chase. So what's the new one going to be like?

LO: So how do you feel the contest is playing out? Do you think it's running smoothly?
CB: Reasonably. Sean kinda messed up by announcing the MOD elements late, And not everyone seems to be fully clear over the theme

LO: Right, so can you tell us anything about the films plot?
CB: Well it'll probably be quite similar to the origional Cheese Chase, Though the full title, "Cheese Chase II: Monarchy madness" might give you some more hints on the film. Expect more cheese, more chasing and more epic.

LO: And finally, is their any entry in particular from some brickfilmer you're especially excited about? Thanks!
CB: Well I haven't really looked over who's entering currently, but if KG enters, then I can't wait to see what he would come up with in fact, I'm just looking forward to watching all the entries. Especially those from brickfilmers whose films are mainly based around dialogue

And that completes our interviews for today! *PM me if you're interested in doing one and I'll send you back the questions.

Updates

So now for today's updates, with a detailed description from DarkMan:

I'm pretty much screwing around, I wrote a few scenes but they were crap, so I did the same thing I did with Zombie Attack 2 and play the film trough my mind, I'm to nit-picky with fast scripts, anyway my film is B&W, a horror, and it's all gonna relly on atmosphere and the visuel style, I just finished editing my first shot in After Effects, no title yet but I hope it will come out good

Shout-outs

Also to look forward to we have MartLego's entry,Jealous Much, and Homerball's, Life is tough.

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Awesome! Looking forward to tomorrow's. Will you be doing one every day?

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

This thread should get an award for best topic of the year. I really like it mini/smile .