Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

Oh I forgot to mention- I used layers in Photoshop so I can export those for use in the program.

BISCUIT!
My website is in construction!

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Ability to instantly playback the footage.
Not a video editor , but a built-in photo editor would help with masking.

Yeah, i don't know why I said that mini/rolleyes ; but you nailed it on the head when you said a photo editor for masking; maybe for a bit of rotoscoping as well.

Last edited by CyberCom (January 17, 2013 (08:06am))

My life goes by 24fps.
Another free stopmotion program? Possibly! View here! http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/po … 6/#p274396

I know a little bit of Java, but only enough to make a button that, when clicked, does nothing. I love making random classes of tic-tacs, and I made a meathod that will make the program wait before it does anything else.

However, my programming skills seem to be departing from Java and going on to PHP and HTML and Javascript and CSS.

tenny1028 wrote:

I know a little bit of Java, but only enough to make a button that, when clicked, does nothing. I love making random classes of tic-tacs, and I made a meathod that will make the program wait before it does anything else.

However, my programming skills seem to be departing from Java and going on to PHP and HTML and Javascript and CSS.

That's cool! I'm at the moment learning CSS, HTML5, Javascript, PHP BB, and C. (Alot, isn't it? mini/smile )

Also, if you are really interested, please post and I'll add you under programmer, designer, brainstormer, etc. mini/bigsmile

My life goes by 24fps.
Another free stopmotion program? Possibly! View here! http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/po … 6/#p274396

Ok, you can add me. So, where are we?

We have a basic plan which I posted earlier and cwstudios has made a basic webcam program.

BISCUIT!

Been silent lately about my progress so here's my first test. Please note I don't really use a webcam for animations so the only one I have shoots at 320x240 it was my parents old webcam they got 6-7 years ago. Right now all I can do is shoot pictures with my program so this had to be assembled with monkeyjam but you will be able to render video files. this was a quick setup I did on my computer desk so it's not great or anything.

Last edited by cwstudios (January 17, 2013 (05:06pm))

The software result looks great! But you did use monkeyjam

Also, if not mentioned, a great suggestion is that we should put in an import feature, where you import photos on your computer, and support for both Mac, Windows, and Linux. If we use Java, we can easily do multi-platform support.

EDIT:
Ok, so I've done the sensible thing and read every post on this topic, and I seem to have read their minds because both multi-platform and the import feature has been mentioned.

Last edited by jasper (January 17, 2013 (06:15pm))

Yeah I took the pictures with the program I had written and imported them into monkeyjam because I haven't figured out a way to string the images and output them into a video file. Most if not all are writing there's in java I know mine is, actually it's java and python but both are easy multiplatform.

So I am working on a icon for the program that will show up both in the taskbar, and in the top left of the program.
But, as I realized, the icon is going to really be defined by what we call the program. Here's a few ideas. Feel free to add to this list and PLEASE give me your opinion on which names you like best. I will design Icons for the names most popular then we will decide from there.

Frames in flames
BrickReel
Bricks in reels
Brickfilmr (BrikFilmr?)
BrickStudio (BrikStudio?)
And last but not least: PhotoBricks.

Please research a name before you submit it to be sure it is not being used already.

BISCUIT!

I like Brickfilmr, it's like Flickr. but, what if people who are looking for a stopmotion program for something besides LEGO... say... Clay? Or hand drawn animation.

I also like Brickfilmr but tenny brings up a valid point.

True... I was thinking that possibly in the pre production tab there was a list of props and Lego pieces you need. Forgot what those things are called. How about something like:

FrameFilmr
  StopFilmr
  MotionFilmr

My favorite is still BrickFilmr though, We could keep that, but what ever we decide, people should be able to infer that it is an animation/film program from just the title. Lets just try to keep ideas flowing for now though, we'll just build that bridge when it comes to it.

BISCUIT!

Out of that list I like MotionFilmr, I still like Brickfilmr but will see.

MotionFilmr does sound good if we expand it for clay animations and such, but if we make this strictly for brickfilms, Brickfilmr is the name. mini/bigsmile

My life goes by 24fps.

Hate to double post, but as a position, what can I do? I mean, I'll manage, and I can create graphics, but I'm not going to be that helpful with programming (at least not yet! mini/bigsmile). And we'll need to make like a site or something so we can pass back and forth the source code and files etc. How about Sourceforge?

My life goes by 24fps.

Are these good credentials?
http://cpstudios.webs.com/apps/blog/

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag121/CavemanIncorporated/BiM_Sig_Monkey_zpse6d51622.jpg

My votes for MotionFilmr. Yeah cybercom you can do the core management, thekingofbricks seems to be doing a lot of graphic design so you need to coordinate with him. Sourceforge is fine, everyone seems to be java developers, what IDE's are you guy's using? cause we could set up a teamserver and share code that way. Caveman I played your game it was really fun and well done none of us are really professionals or anything and some are just getting into programming. So it doesn't really matter, if you want to help out you can.

That sounds great! mini/bigsmile
Also, I'm pretty good with icon design and such in photoshop, if need be.

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag121/CavemanIncorporated/BiM_Sig_Monkey_zpse6d51622.jpg

Great! Welcome aboard.