Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

No problem caveman. Troodon I'm glad your interested in this project, javascript is more for web development but if you know any other languages specifically Java, c/c++, or python then then you should consider contributing to the github repository.

I'd strongly advise against naming the program Brickfilmr. Reasons? Having Brickfilm in the name creates far too narrow a field of perception of what the program does, and the r on the end just sounds tacky and too much like Flickr.

I'd suggest that you guys brainstorm what the program's core aspects are, any unique features it has, and any random ideas/words that you think relevant. Compile them into a list, post them here, and then let everybody mix and match different combinations of them to find something really good. mini/wink

great idea carusel.

I thought "BrickReel", as the program is for brickfilming, and i was inspired by BiM's logo xD. Or maybe StopSequence. I dunno- one of the members wanted the "r" part because they liked how "Flickr" was, and I would hate to go down as the guy who came up with a lame name. Opinions, please?

My life goes by 24fps.
Another free stopmotion program? Possibly! View here! http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/po … 6/#p274396

Honestly my favorite is brickfilmr, it's short, it's catchy, and sounds pretty cool, if I do say so myself. Also are there any small easy tasks that need to be done in python? mini/tongue

BISCUIT!
My website is in construction!

I don't know, I also kinda like Brickfilmr but I don't think it's perfect, what about an acronym?

JISP(Java image sequencing program)

or a combination like.

FreeMotion

Since it's free and for stopmotion. As for task for python none that I can think of right now.

FreeMotion is pretty good, but I don't think that we should include the price in the name as that often implies poor quality. Some more words that pertain/sound cool

Film
Filmer
Brick
Reel
Studio
Picture
Photo
Animation
Animate
Motion
Stop

Cool Sounding Words that really don't relate but sound cool nonetheless

Vortex
Flame
Swish
Snap
Shot
Enchant
Zenith
Succulent
Luminescent
Ineffable
Incandescent
Etiquette
Halcyon
Sublime
Talisman
Exemplary
Preeminent

Just some words that may or may not make a good name when combined in various ways. And we could also go the other route with the name, making up a name that is not a word, like twitter (granted it's an onomatopoeia, but still). Also, a good name should be concise, memorable, and reflect on the program in some way (Continuing with the twitter trend, it is similar to smal birds chattering and "tweeting" with each other, perhaps even an extension of the phrase "a little bird told me").

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag121/CavemanIncorporated/BiM_Sig_Monkey_zpse6d51622.jpg

ReelFilm Studio (real film... get it? mini/bigsmile) Seriously, I like it now that I'm thinking about it.

My life goes by 24fps.
Another free stopmotion program? Possibly! View here! http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/po … 6/#p274396

Frame-Swish

BISCUIT!

What about ReelAnimation same concept as ReelFilm Studio.

I definitely think that animation should be in the name as it explains the program, but what do I know mini/tongue

Or we could go with a rhyming alliteration: FlameFrame

But, that sounds awfully close to DragonFrame, so perhaps not.

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag121/CavemanIncorporated/BiM_Sig_Monkey_zpse6d51622.jpg

Frames in Flames
Frame-Crunch
Frame-shoot

BISCUIT!

Caveman Company Ltd. Inc., PhD, M.D. wrote:

Succulent

"Succulent?" I lol'd at that one....

I like the sound of ReelFilm and Brickfilmr

http://i46.tinypic.com/vo24ow.png

Gopher Hedgehog Meerkat Or Various Other Burrowing Rodent Who Apparently Makes Brickfilms And Critiques Names In Their Freetime And Has A Fascination With The Word Succulent, Who Also Has A G As Their Avatar AND Improperly Uses Ellipses Wrote:

Caveman Company Ltd. Inc., PhD, M.D. wrote:
Succulent

"Succulent?" I lol'd at that one....

I am glad that you recognized my clear supremacy. Bow before me. No, but seriously, I like the ring it has, thanks for creating my new fake alias.

The Current List of Names That Hath Been Suggested

JISP
FreeMotion
BrickReel
StopSequence
Brickfilmr (despite heavy opposition)
ReelFilm Studio
FrameSwish
ReelAnimation
FlameFrame
Frames in Flames
Frame-Crunch
Frame-shoot
MasterShot

The Gopher Special:
Succulent SnapShot

I wouldn't pick it but I kinda like the sound of "Succulent SnapShot" sounds more like a project codename though (Like longhorn was windows vista). Anyway thirteen names I say we narrow it down from that list.

Brickfilmr is my first choise, but I also like ReelAnimation.

It can be taken to mean "Reel" as in film reel, or "Real" as in physical, and not just a bunch of code behind some CGI. It animates something physical and solid. It brings to life beautiful little pieces of ABS plastic, and converts those real toys into a film. A wonderful and truly lovely process, that relies on the true, firm and genuine, and not just on a few million ones and zeros in a computer. It has weight and presence, and is a precious form of art.

Wow, that was very poetic and artsy. *Claps*

Intense, Pritchard, intense. I like your reasoning, and I also think that ReelAnimation is a great name.

cwstudios wrote:
thirteen names

Succulent SnapShot is not a viable name mini/lol

Brickfilmr can't be used. RevMan trademarked it in the june 2007 according to the brickfilms chronicle on archive.org. To show that the owner will act go to the oldest part of this site's homepage saying they would have to change the old name: ilovebrickfilming.com.

Well that kills that one. I'm kinda liking ReelAnimation though.