Topic: BrickFilm Cinematic Universe: Character Collection Stage thread

For the original BrickFilm Cinematic Universe thread, click here.

Stage 2: Story Planning has begun! http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … ry-thread/

Welcome to Stage 1 of the creation of the BrickFilm Cinematic Universe! Our aim is to create a shared universe for brickfilms to exist in.

Our first step will be to collect characters here, and from there we will decide who can build whose characters, and then which type of film (e.g. which genre, theme) they would like to do first. But don't worry about that for now.

Right now, all that's important is getting a bank of shared characters. So, in this thread please post:

• An image of your character. Please, for now, only post characters that you think will be easy for other brickfilmers to make. Bear in mind that different people have different sets, and so may not have access to the same minifigures parts that you do. Similarly, collectable minifigure parts should be considered rare/uncommon - try not to include too many in the characters that you post here.

• Your character's name, along with any additional aliases they might have.

• A description of who the character is, and any abilities/powers/notable character traits they might have. This includes paraphernalia. They have a mystical gem? Put it down. How about a hat that lets them teleport to the nearest pizza parlour? List it. Or a pet rabbit? We need to hear about it.

• The character's backstory. Where do they come from? What are they interested in? Are they good or bad? Do they have any allies or enemies? You can be as brief or as detailed as you like, though the more you put it into it, the more detailed the films will eventually be.

• If you know of any brickfilmers whose pre-existing films might sit well with your character, please also put them. It'll help us all to get an understanding of the kind of tone and style you think best suits your character.

• Whether you yourself are prepared to voice this character, or whether you think someone else would be better. Please also post how you think they should sound.

• Alternative pieces that people who don't have exactly the same parts as you can use.

Remember to be creative people! They can be based on existing LEGO themes, but please don't use existing characters. Don't just put up Johnny Thunder or Sensei Wu. Also, no licensed themes, but you already know that, 'coz you've read the original thread, right?

That's Stage 1 for now. There's no deadline as such, but we'll get started on Stage 2 (which I'll do in a new thread) once this thread is full of amazing new characters! Don't worry about anything else yet; we just want to take things nice and slow and simply so that we don't get ahead of ourselves. That would be bad, and there'd be a strong chance the project would fail. That's not what anyone wants, now is it?

Thanks again for the enthusiasm you've all shown so far!

-Jam Pot

Last edited by jampot (September 14, 2013 (02:57am))

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Re: BrickFilm Cinematic Universe: Character Collection Stage thread

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8246/8509857907_02b315ff8e_z.jpg

Name: Sir Squid, the Last Knight of Zoron.

Abilities and gear: Sir Squid is an extremely talented warrior, and typically wields a heart forge blade, which is extremely durable, and as cold as ice.  He will occasionally weird a stun raygun, or another sort of non-lethal weapon.  He is also a magic user, and possesses the ability to fling a cold blue fire at stuff, and has some telekinesis.  Because of his light weight, he is extremely agile and fast.
He drives an early 1900s style car called "The Backwards Basher" which is like a regular car,  but the driver's seat and wheel are backwards.  So driving forwards looks like driving backwards to confuse enemies.  He uses it to smash through stuff.  One might not be able to build an exact BB, but he might drive different models, but all with the same style and general colour scheme.

Backstory: A common misconception is that Squid is undead, however, he's really just a type of skeletal alien called a Zoron.  The Zoron all have a strong devotion to justice and adventuring and thus almost everything in their culture relates to fighting evil and efficiency.  Squid is the last Zoron Knight because all of the others were slowly wiped out over time fighting wars at a cosmic scale against a plethora of enemies.

D&D Alignment: Lawful Good.  Squid will never violate the Zoron Code, which prevents him from killing anyone, even villains (much like Batman).  He prefers to subdue his enemies and lock them away.  (He, however, will still kill beasts and monsters)

Friends: Basically anyone not evil.

Enemies: Anyone evil, and anyone who disagrees with his code.

Personality: Surprisingly cheerful and good humoured, he tends to be more flippant that serious, though is still very old and intelligent.

He basically wonders about the universe adventuring where ever he can find a quest.

Last edited by Squid (September 2, 2013 (04:44am))

Does Sir Squid need environmental gear if going out into a vacuum or underwater, or can he use his magic to provide environmental protection?

"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

jampot wrote:

Does Sir Squid need environmental gear if going out into a vacuum or underwater, or can he use his magic to provide environmental protection?

Sir Squid has this magic collar thing that allows him to make a bubble helmet thing appear around his head when he goes into space.

I'm not sure how well Sir Squid would do underwater, though, as the water around his heart and sword would start freezing because of how cold the metal always it (Squid's heart is the same type of metal as his sword).

http://universe.lego.com/en-us/community/creationlab/GetMedia.aspx?id=6fd26b00-a79a-47fd-85e0-1d2b9f36b7ce

(Note: A lot of people have said they do not own the Graduate Robe, so if you don't have it, just use a standard black cape, or nothing.)

Name: Mr. Vertigo

Abilities/Gear:  Mr. Vertigo is a wizard, and is a very powerful practitioner of magic.  He can generate fire and ice, can move at great speed and is very fast and nimble in general, and is also very clever. Thanks to him being thrown through the Dimensional Vortex, he has gained interdimensional powers.  These include leviation, telekinesis and teleportation, and some rather more unusual abilities, such as being able to walk on walls and ceilings (and pretty much any surface).  In the beginning the Dimensional Vortex also had the side-effect of making him very unstable, and he'd often randomly appear and disappear.  However, he can somewhat control it now.  Mr. Vertigo also carries his wizard staff/wand, which takes the form of an elegant black cane with a ruby for a handle/knob.  It allows him to channel his magical powers much more effectively, and he is never seen without it. He also wears a top hat, all the time.  Nobody is sure specifically why this is, though wizards in general are known to have a somewhat peculiar fondness for wearing hats.

Backstory:  In his dimension, Mr. Vertigo was a  great and respected wizard.  However, the evil emperor Eskil the Vile, who hated wizards, ascended to power and subsequently banned magic and started hunting down practitioners of magic.  Mr. Vertigo became a key member of the Wizard Resistance who fought against Eskil.  One day, he was caught in a great battle inside the Great Tower of Ooo (named after the first Grandmaster Wizard who founded the Order of Wizards), which was the headquarters of the Order of Wizards.  Inside the tower there is a gateway to the Dimensional Vortex, which allows travel between dimensions.  During the fight the gateway was damaged and went haywire, and it fired a beam of energy at Mr. Vertigo, sending him into different dimensions.  This gave him his weird teleportation powers and is why he has a tendency to appear and disappear somewhat randomly.  Eventually he managed to return to is dimension and defeat Eskil the Vile, and can now mostly control his dimensional powers, though they still sometimes randomly erupt.

Friends: He is a Wizard, so any good wizard is his ally.  He also will help anyone in trouble, or who is fighting against evil.

Enemies:  Anything evil or corrupt.  His arch-nemesis is Mr. Smiley (I'll post his bio separately). Oh, and he absolutely detests cabbage, and is one of his few weaknesses (don't ask why...).

Personality:  Has a very strong moral code.  Always cheerful and persistently hopeful, even when facing the bleakest odds.  He is very wise and kind, though he possesses a very mischievous sense of humour and is also rather eccentric.  He roams the universe, somewhat hapharzardly, searching for adventure and fighting evil wherever he can.

Brickfilmers who would fit well with this character:  Mr. Vertigo would work very well in Squid's universe, I think.  Though of course it's up to Squid as to whether he would want Mr. Vertigo in his films.

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (September 2, 2013 (02:41am))

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Double post.

I've been meaning to ask, I've made some minifigs of characters who don't really have developed backstories and are more or less side characters.  Should I post those as well, or just focus on more developed characters?

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college

I was thinking, should the person posting a character mention whether they would be prepared to vpice act the character or if they had someone else in mind?

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

BoatsAreRockable wrote:

I was thinking, should the person posting a character mention whether they would be prepared to vpice act the character or if they had someone else in mind?

Yeah, good idea.  For instance, I myself might not be able to voice Mr. Vertigo, as he has a very high-pitched voice, and my own voice is pretty deep.  (Though, seeing as I intend for him to be my brickfilming mascot/recurring character, perhaps it would be wise to find a different voice I can do myself... but I digress.)

Another thing to do would be to list alternative parts for your character, in case people don't have the specific ones you do.  If someone doesn't own, say, a specific torso, you could list a different torso that would work, or give some general guidelines so people can choose the closest fitting part from their own collection.

FlyingMinifig wrote:
BoatsAreRockable wrote:

Yeah, good idea.  For instance, I myself might not be able to voice Mr. Vertigo, as he has a very high-pitched voice, and my own voice is pretty deep.  (Though, seeing as I intend for him to be my brickfilming mascot/recurring character, perhaps it would be wise to find a different voice I can do myself... but I digress.)

Another thing to do would be to list alternative parts for your character, in case people don't have the specific ones you do.  If someone doesn't own, say, a specific torso, you could list a different torso that would work, or give some general guidelines so people can choose the closest fitting part from their own collection.

Great ideas! I'll put them in the first post.

FlyingMinifig wrote:

Double post.

I've been meaning to ask, I've made some minifigs of characters who don't really have developed backstories and are more or less side characters.  Should I post those as well, or just focus on more developed characters?

Post away! Side characters are always good to have in stock, as they can either be fleshed out by other brickfilmers or just used in cameos.

OK, well, here's some characters.

This on is a sort of alternate variation of my Sig-Fig, who exists in Mr. Vertigo's universe (speaking of which, I need a name for it--any suggestions?)

Anyway:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7440/9653967395_aaf71a1207.jpg

Name:  Ianto

Backstory:  A young wizard adventurer, Ianto travels the world in search of quests and treasure (preferably both at the same time).  Trained by the Order of Wizards, he has now completed his training and is looking for things to do.  While he likes to think he has seen and done a lot (and he has), he still has much to experience and learn.

Abilities and Gear:  Like all wizards, Ianto possesses his wand, which allows him to channel his magical powers.  Thanks to his training, he is a strong practitioner of magic (though nowhere near the level of expertise of Mr. Vertigo).  He is mainly experienced in Air Magic (i.e. controlling air) and Lightning, though he is also capable of Pyrokinesis as well as Telekinesis.  He also wields the Fish-Blade, a legendary magical sword which he found on one of his quests, and which is one of his most valuable possessions.  The Fish-Blade greatly enhances his fencing skills (though he is a proficient swordsman in his own right), as well as somewhat increasing his stamina and strength--especially near or in water.  Like most wizards, Ianto also wears a hat, in this case a fedora.  In addition, he wears a shoulder bag that allows him to carry around miscellaneous useful stuff.

Personality:  Generally happy, especially when on an adventure, though he is often serious and at times slightly neurotic if he is under a lot of stress.  While he is generally not very communicative with strangers and often prefers to be alone, he loves nothing more than to be on a quest with several good friends of his, and has a good sense of humour.  Overall he is intelligent and kind (though he sometimes makes humorous snarky jokes/remarks on occasion).  He is also committed to upholding good and will fight any evil if he is able.

Friends:  Basically anyone who is good, and adventurous.

Enemies:  Evil stuff in general, and various beasts and monsters.

(Alternate clothing: For the torso, Han Solo's Desert Skiff shirt, or jacket with matching black arms.  Alternatively, any casual-ish blue, grey, brown, or black jacket, or possibly white shirt would work.  Either Indiana Jones legs, or plain brown ones if you don't have a Han Solo gunbelt [which can be blue OR brown].  For the face, just use something similar--I'm not entirely sure if I'll keep this one in any case.  The bag can also be the brown IJ one.)

Another double post.

Well, we were talking about villains dressed in brightly coloured clothes a while back in the BFCU topic, so here's one I came up with.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5491/9653969213_b895407732.jpg

Name: The Jester

Backstory: A spirit of chaos and destruction, the Jester is one of the most powerful magical beings in the land.  Nobody really knows where it came from; some claim it used to be a wizard who went insane, others a young fire-eater who was cursed, still others think it a personification of Death itself.  All attempts to hunt it down have failed.

Powers and Abilities:  The Jester is has great magical powers, seemingly even greater than the most powerful wizards such as Iona the Enchantress or Mr. Vertigo.  Particularly noteworthy is its mastery of flames; the Jester can literally make them dance, mould them into intricate shapes, and burn an entire house to ash in a matter of seconds.  It is also extremely agile, able move very quickly and jump to unnatural heights (though not capable of true flight).  The Jester is very acrobatic, often dancing, spinning, and cartwheeling to move around.

Personality:  The Jester is seemingly intangible, appearing out of nowhere and laying waste to villages and towns, and simply disappearing.  Nobody knows what its true intentions are; it appears randomly, taking or sparing lives on a whim.  Its sole intentions appear to be to spread chaos and death. It has never spoken (though it is rumoured it has a deep, hollow, whispery voice), and nobody knows what lurks behind that mask...

Friends/Enemies:  It has no friends, and if it had any enemies they would in all likeliness be long gone by now.

Alternate Parts:  As it happens, this isn't the ideal version I have in mind, as this head isn't the one I would use if I could.  Ideally, the HP Death Eater mask would be the one I'd use, although the Krazi head could work too.  Unfortunately, I have neither, so this is the next best thing I own.  For the rest, any Jester body and hat will do.  The shoulder pads are optional; if you don't own them, use epaulets that match the colour-scheme of the jester's body, or nothing.

Could someone else post another character next?  I feel like I'm the only person posting in this topic... mini/confused

I like the Jester. A lot. Just a shame I can't build him - I don't have any Jester bodies. I do have Bonezai's face though.

And Ianto's fish-blade is awesome!

A few ideas for Vertigo's world:

Vertigoland
Vertiverus (a mix between "Vertigo" and "Universe")
The Realm of Vertigo

Nothing really great, just some thoughts.

Here are some new figs.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7437/9688593862_1c3a043993_c.jpg

Name: Lycurgus the Black
Abilities/Gear: Lycurgus is a sorcerer, and can control the dark powers of Kaos (chaos), which is a crimson-and-black precursor to the Maelstrom. This means he can create evil energies, summon red lightning, and also use a wide variety of spells, including transformations (he, however, cannot change his form). His blade is ancient, and its name of a language so ancient and twisted that it cannot be spoken. It was forged deep in Tartarus, many years ago. The gem is a new addition, added by Lycurgus to protect him from certain magic (including a Gorgon's petrifying gaze). He also now possesses the Midas Medallion, which lets him turn stuff into gold by touching it (he does have the power to control what turns to gold and what doesn't, though).
Backstory: The arch-enemy of Callidice (the last of the Amazon warriors) Lycurgus the Black is an evil sorcerer who channels the dark powers of Kaos. It is unknown where in Greece he came from, though he is believed to be the demigod son of the goddess Melinoe.
Friends: Very few. He has an alliance with the Cyclopes and with Geryon (a three-bodied demon), but he may also be in league with the Titans. He is also very good friends with Melinoe, his supposed mother, and with Hades, the God of the Underworld. He considers Deimos, the God of Terror, to be a 'bro'.
Enemies: Calldice, her apprentice Amphitheia, and any other Greek heroes (e.g. Achilles, Heracles or Perseus). He doesn't get along with Thanatos, the God of Death, either, though they are not exactly arch-enemies.
Personality: He's quite power-hungry, malicious, and seeks wealth any way he can. He doesn't have any morals, and is hedonistic (he's just out to have a good time, and his idea of a good time ends with something evil). However, he isn't unnecessarily destructive.
Alternate parts: Well as long as he has a black cape and a ninja/Palpatine-esque body, that's fine. The face should also be similar - it's a Power Miners/Dane Cook face. He may also choose to use different weapons in other peoples' brickfilms.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5504/9688595552_8314ec544f_c.jpg

Name: King Skelley (shortened to Skelley)
Abilities/Gear: King Skelley is able to hypnotise people with his eyeless-sockets, use a really basic and non-evil form of necromancy, and throw up protective shields. He is constantly changing his cape, never settling on one colour. A historian in Brickcinatti believes that his crown once belonged to King Jayko of the ancient realm of Morcia.
Backstory: King Skelley doesn't remember any of his living life. He just woke up as a skeleton, next to a pile of torn clothes and other minifig accessories. He chose a cape and a crown, and then set about travelling across the world, to various lands, just to try and see everything. He is also now renowned as a hero - though his powers are weak, he always seems to be able to help save the day.
Friends: Any of the people he's saved or who he's teamed up with would consider him a friend, but he rarely remembers them. He doesn't have any real companions, but he doesn't seem to need them.
Enemies: He thinks Blot killed him and took his memories, and so bears him a lot of ill-will. The Vampire Council are also enemies. He also can't stand to be around the Gingerbread Man, who he finds extremely annoying.
Personality: He's a little bit forgetful, though he does his best to remember things when it matters most. He loves to travel, but will always stop to help people; anything from simple acts of kindness to helping rid towns of monsters. He also loves trying out different tools and accessories.
Alternate parts: Any cape. He changes the colour all the time. Don't worry about the ice cream - he can carry just about anything, depending on how it suits the plot. However, he must always have the same skeleton face (no variations) and a crown.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7367/9685352997_914999d1bb_c.jpg

Name: Space Cowboy, Maurice
Abilities/Gear: No powers. He carries a plasma-burst cannon.
Backstory: Unknown, but it was probably something really cool involving lots of explosions.
Friends: Pink, a rogue Galaxy Patrol officer.
Enemies: Grizeos, a cyborg overlord who I have yet to post, and most evil invasion forces (like the Galaxy Squad and Alien Conquest aliens).
Personality: Insanely cool - he's Bruce Willis, Matt Damon, and Sean Connery in one minifig-sized package. He doesn't look at explosions.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3762/9685361779_91eff3a4df_c.jpg

Name: Blot
Abilities/Gear:
His powers are:

• Shapeshifting: His main form is black, but as a shapeshifter he can become anything black (within reason - he normally stays close to minifigure size). He can also assume colour for limited periods of time, meaning that he can shapeshift into any minifigure. However, he cannot copy another fig's powers; if he wishes to use an ability outside his own power set, he must resort to technology or magical artifacts (he himself cannot use magic directly). That said, he can increase his strength and speed and other basic physical aspects if he wishes.

• Infection: he can temporarily infect bricks with his power, so that he can control them completely. This also applies to minifigs. However, the effect is not permanent (maybe 24 to 96 hours, depending on the size/strength of will?).

• Black Manipulation: He can manipulate anything that is black, though the bigger the object, the greater the focus required. Heroes fighting him may eventually learn to wear non-black clothing. By extension, he can also control darkness and shadow.

• He can teleport by entering something that is black. There must be something black at the other end for him to materialise out of.

His gear varies. Here, he's holding a corrupted version of Professor Voltage's duplicator ray, with which he creates dark versions of anything he duplicates.
Backstory: A minifigure of unknown origin, thought it is believed that he was a failed artist. At some point, he was touched the Maelstrom, but rather than being taken over by it, he was transformed in a different way; he became a new being, completely separate from the Maelstrom, called Blot.
Friends: None as such - he will use and manipulate anyone that he needs for his plans, and pretend to be their friend for as long as it suits him.
Enemies: Anyone good, but specifically King Skelley, the Leprechauns, and the Space Cowboy.
Personality: Blot is erratic and changeable; he can form hugely complex master-plans, and they're normally very good when he does, but he often changes to a new project halfway through out of boredom or impatience. He's also extremely creative, crafty and quick-witted, and knows how to use his powers to greatest effect.
Alternate parts: Any black pieces. In his normal form he is plain black, but he can have any hair and any black accessories. He can shapeshift, so he can become any minifigure.

That's all I've got time for now. I've got loads of other ideas, but I don't know when I'll get chance to build/upload them. Let me know what y'all think of these guys! I think Blot and King Skelley will be really easy for most people to build.

Last edited by jampot (September 6, 2013 (10:51am))

That Superman hair looks great on Blot. I really need to buy some.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

IKR it's such a great hairpiece! I actually have two, since I got the Power Armour Lex/Classic Superman set and the Man of Steel Superman VS Zod.

jampot wrote:

I like the Jester. A lot. Just a shame I can't build him - I don't have any Jester bodies. I do have Bonezai's face though.
And Ianto's fish-blade is awesome!

Thanks for the feedback!  Glad you like 'em.  I think Bonezai's face has a sort of loopy yet friendly expression, though, so it probably would work better for a slightly insane and happy clown rather than The Jester, who is rather nasty and evil.

I also like the characters you posted, especially King Skelley, though I thought Blot didn't have any hair in his original form, and just gains it when he shape-shifts.

LASF wrote:

A few ideas for Vertigo's world:
Vertigoland
Vertiverus (a mix between "Vertigo" and "Universe")
The Realm of Vertigo
Nothing really great, just some thoughts.

Thanks for the suggestions.  However, while Mr. Vertigo is a very powerful wizard and well known, the world doesn't revolve around him--he's just one person amongst many.  As such it doesn't make a lot of sense to name it after him.  (I just call the world "Mr. Vertigo's world" because he's the most developed character I have, and also was the starting point for me as I created this world when I realized he needed a backstory.)  That said, I quite like using "The Realm of...." as a possible title.  Also I kind of like the sound of "Vertiverus" though it sounds more like the name of a character rather than a world to me.

Anyway, here is a sort of guide to a group of characters, wizards.  These guidelines are specific to my own universe, though, rather than the BFCU as a whole, so I'm not sure how useful this will be to other brickfilmers...

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5331/9657204554_e53af07f77.jpg

Wizards (the above picture shows some random examples of wizards)

There are many types of Practitioners of Magic (basically a name given to anyone who can control magic, and some magical creatures), but wizards are one of the most common types.  Wizards can master many types of magic, though they mostly tend to specialize in a few forms.  Many are in some way associated with the Order of Wizards, originally based in the Great City of Ooo, which is named after the first Grandmaster Wizard who founded the order.  However, the Order is more of a loose confederation of various factions and sub-groups which often form shifting alliances and clash with each other, rather than a tightly focused coherent organization.  Wizards have a great deal of freedom within the order, and most hold a wide variety of jobs or simply go around adventuring (like Ianto, or Mr. Vertigo) and so can be found almost anywhere.  Others simply live in fairly secluded places and don't really have much to do with the Order itself (like Iona the Enchantress).

All wizards own a wand.  Part talisman, part multi-purpose tool, part fashion accessory, these are used to channel and focus the magic powers of the wizard, greatly increasing their ability to use magic.  Wands can range anywhere in size from a pen to a 6-foot staff, and take a wide variety of appearances.  For instance, Ianto's wand somewhat resembles a sonic screwdriver from Doctor Who, or Mr. Vertigo's resembles a cane with a enchanted ruby set in its hilt.  Every wizard makes their own wand, however.  Another thing a wizard is never seen without is a hat, for almost all wizards have a peculiar weakness for them, whether they be fedoras or fezzes or bowler-hats or top-hats or turbans. A wizard will usually sport a certain type of hat, which they almost never take off.  However, they never wear the "classic" pointy wizard hat, as these do not exist as such in this universe.  Nobody quite knows why this is, as hats generally do not give wizards any practical advantage in magic (though they may occasionally be enchanted).

If a wizard is very skilled, he or she may be promoted to the rank of Grandmaster Wizard.  Grandmaster Wizards are amongst the most powerful magical beings in the land, and also are immediately part of the Wizard Council, which (nominally, at least) oversees the Order of Wizards and the various factions and groups of magic-users.  However, ever since the Terrors of Eskil the Vile, in which magic was made illegal and many wizards were hunted down, they are few in number.  Iona the Enchantress (may post details on her later) is one of the surviving Grandmaster Wizards, though she tends to eschew being heavily involved in the Council.  Mr. Vertigo could easily earn the title of Grandmaster Wizard several times over, but he hasn't ever held the title, as he's "not that interested in becoming one".

Well, hoped you enjoyed it, despite me getting pretty over-detailed.  Sorry if this post is a bit long, and hope I didn't bore anyone.  I welcome any feedback or suggestions.

Also, I really like this wizard I made (the one on the far right of the first pic):

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5467/9653967837_a4eda71477.jpg

I haven't got many details for her, aside that she's skilled in plant magic, and I need a name.  Any suggestions?

Wow, you've brought a whole new meaning to 'double-posting'! Mod edit: it's been addressed. Spooky, eh?

I like your wizard designs a lot, and I especially like the part of your backstory about wizards wearing hats for no real reason whatsoever. And you keep mentioning Iona the Enchantress - who is she?

As for Blot, that's just my interpretation. I kind of imagined that he would always have some form of minifigure hair, but it depends how different people portray him. He doesn't have to have the Superman hair, or even any hair at all, unless the animator in question wants him to.

I'll try and post some more over the weekend, including Grizeos, his Lavabots and Minerbots, and Vern Voltage. That'll all make a lot more sense when I've uploaded the pictures.

Last edited by jampot (September 7, 2013 (03:09pm))

Well, I thought up an amazing Villain-y character today at work, (I promise I was still doing my job!) but am too far away from my Lego collection to throw together the design. I'll try to type up the story and get links to the parts tomorrow.

And somehow I'm going to try to slip my Ax/CO universe in the BFCU, so as long as the characterization, general outfits, and voice actors are the same, you're welcome to use just about any of those characters. (Except Ax-man, I have personal plans there, so any appearance by him would have to be flown by me first.)

Also, just something to think about, but it seems most of these fellas are wizards/magic-welders, so why not try to expand to other skill sets a bit more?

I plan on uploading a load more sci-fi stuff, soon, I just haven't taken any pictures yet. I know what you mean about it being magic-heavy so far (not that I have a problem with magic, seeing as I use it a lot in my stories).