Topic: Reaching The Limits Contest starts now!

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/s403x403/1559609_259222774232360_1149842562_n.jpg

INTRODUCTION:
Hello, and welcome everyone to the Reaching the Limits contest for 2014! Last year we had about 40 entries, and it was a blast! The idea, or "theme" of the contest is simple, but hard to accomplish! The theme is to make a brickfilm with many limitations(which are the rules), that way every entry is as creative as possible for sure! The contest starts now!

RULES(limitations):
1.  Entries MUST contain at least 45 seconds of pure stop-motion.
2.  Entries MUST not exceed 2 minutes of pure stop-motion. (There is a 10 second grace window for titles, credits, etc.)
3.  The line, "Hello, my name is (*NAME*,whatever you prefer) and I have come to save the world!" must be spoken by a character in the video.
4.  The video must be made specifically for this contest. To make sure you don't cheat, the video must have been uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, etc. by the date of 1/9/2014 at 3:30PM EST, and have included all of the limitations above. If you failed to have completed all of these rules( and limitations), then I will not consider your entry.
5.  NO EXPLICIT MATERIAL IS ALLOWED. Violence is allowed, but swear/curse words, and sexual content is not allowed at all.
6.  Copyright material is not permitted in your entry. That includes music, sound effects, stock footage, etc. Stick to royalty-free content or your own.
7.  Only one entry per person is allowed.
8.  Entries must be stop-motion only! CGI is allowed for background use, but stop-motion must be the primary tool to make your film.

DEADLINE:
Entries must be submitted via email by March 1st, 2014 at 11:59PM EST. ALL entries submitted past this time will not be accepted.

SUBMISSION DETAILS:
Please submit your entry by emailing me at [email protected] . The subject of your email  should be in this format: RTL Entry,(Title of film), (Username).  Some email confirmations may take up to 24 hours. If your submission has not been confirmed within 24 hours, please PM me.

JUDGING:
Judging will be conducted by 5 categories: Animation(50%), Story(40%), Lighting(10%), and Composition(overall likeness, out of 5 stars).

PRIZES:
Sorry, but I am not able to provide any prizes this year. I think bragging rights will be good enough for this year! Maybe next year there will be prizes!

SPREAD THE WORD!
Please, spread the word everyone! We want to try to get as many entries as we can! We are not trying to be mean on what we say here, but we are strict on applying the rules. By the way, having fun is what it's all about, right?

Last edited by Gentry Studios (January 12, 2014 (02:53pm))

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

Re: Reaching The Limits Contest starts now!

Hmm... I will try and join, but I am also joining 2015: The Contest, so, we'll see.

Rockydude411Bricks wrote:

Hmm... I will try and join, but I am also joining 2015: The Contest, so, we'll see.

OK! Please spread the word! This thread isn't getting any attention so far..

Make your siggy a link to this thread.

Make your siggy a link to this thread.

Gotcha!

I don't understand the theme.

The goal is to make a brickfilm with many limitations

What do you mean by "limitations"?

LASF wrote:

I don't understand the theme.

The goal is to make a brickfilm with many limitations

What do you mean by "limitations"?

Basically, the limitations are the rules. With all of the rules(limitations) it presses you to really get your creative juices flowing!

Maybe use a Photo Link like this.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3686/11877219045_bc25c738d4.jpg

Maybe use a Photo Link like this.

Ok! thanks!

Hmm, you photo isn't working... Copy this exactly

Last edited by Rockydude411 (January 10, 2014 (03:15pm))

Copy this into your signature...

[url=http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/topic/18373/reaching-the-limits-contest-starts-now/][img]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3686/11877219045_bc25c738d4.jpg[/img][/url]

Hmmmm, If I can get a script that's somewhere around 1 minute, I'll enter. So far I could only come up with firefighters, but I don't want to do that because of the fire vfx involved.
EDIT: I'm absolutely lost! Is the deadline the first of September or was it two days ago?

Last edited by Nasrsarian (January 10, 2014 (04:26pm))

"With those bricks we know and love, anything is a possibility!"-Smoky Air Studios

Nasrsarian wrote:

Hmmmm, If I can get a script that's somewhere around 1 minute, I'll enter. So far I could only come up with firefighters, but I don't want to do that because of the fire vfx involved.
EDIT: I'm absolutely lost! Is the deadline the first of September or was it two days ago?

March 1st, 2014

Nasrsarian wrote:

March 1st, 2014

Sweet! Thanks, that gives me time to make an entry.

"With those bricks we know and love, anything is a possibility!"-Smoky Air Studios

Nasrsarian wrote:

Well, you could make like a superhero type. And it can be up to two minutes. but no longer(as the rules, or "limitations" state).

Erm. Im sorry but I understand the theme and It seems great, But none of those seem like major limitations to me, A lot of them seem like practical rules, and such. Maybe having a specific genre next time?

Don't change it now.

Ill probably enter. Since this will technically be my first contest, given my filming has been going on since 2009. mini/smile
And by golly I will enjoy this.

silents429 wrote:

Erm. Im sorry but I understand the theme and It seems great, But none of those seem like major limitations to me, A lot of them seem like practical rules, and such. Maybe having a specific genre next time?

Don't change it now.

Ill probably enter. Since this will technically be my first contest, given my filming has been going on since 2009. mini/smile
And by golly I will enjoy this.

Well, with the rule "Hello, my name is (*NAME*, whatever you prefer) and I have come to save the world", I think that is a pretty major limitation. But thank you for your feedback!

Gentrystudios wrote:

Please, spread the word everyone! We want to try to get as many entries as we can!

Looking at the unclear "theme" and description of it, unreasonable and draconian limitations on filmmakers submissions, ridiculous mandatory requirements regarding content that must be met, the strangest definition of "pure" I now know of, and the almost "big kid on the playground" approach to enforcing these regulations, I can see why you would want to get the word out about your contest. Very few people have the time, care, and motivation to manufacture such a "film" with no benefits or prize in winning other than being recognized for winning a contest hosted by someone about 95% of the active users didn't even know existed.

Before you run along and try to host a contest, how about you hang around on the community and build a reputation for yourself. Contests usually have the goal of producing multiple unique films that have a generally high quality to them. Your contest is engineered to produce only one kind of film, a 2 minute superhero skit.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

RealBrick wrote:
Gentrystudios wrote:

Please, spread the word everyone! We want to try to get as many entries as we can!

Looking at the unclear "theme" and description of it, unreasonable and draconian limitations on filmmakers submissions, ridiculous mandatory requirements regarding content that must be met, the strangest definition of "pure" I now know of, and the almost "big kid on the playground" approach to enforcing these regulations, I can see why you would want to get the word out about your contest. Very few people have the time, care, and motivation to manufacture such a "film" with no benefits or prize in winning other than being recognized for winning a contest hosted by someone about 95% of the active users didn't even know existed.

Before you run along and try to host a contest, how about you hang around on the community and build a reputation for yourself. Contests usually have the goal of producing multiple unique films that have a generally high quality to them. Your contest is engineered to produce only one kind of film, a 2 minute superhero skit.

We have hosted a contest before, and we aren't trying to play a "big boy" approach, we are just serious about the rules(as every contest should be). People don't need prizes, making a film that fits the tight rules is the fun part. If you have a problem with this, then you don't have to enter!

Gentrystudios wrote:

People don't need prizes, making a film that fits the tight rules is the fun part.

Sadly, unless you are quite popular or the contest idea is really fun/clever, most people won't enter without prizes. This is a good idea, but the rules are not "tight" enough. Its not that hard really, the only real thing that makes this contest different from any other is that you have to use that particular line. Next time I suggest adding more of these "limitations" for this contest to make sense. mini/smile

no more brickfilming *sad face*.