Topic: The Day the Brickfilmers Rebeled

I am making a movie soon about the Split and this is a thread on which people and the community can get involved in it. Anything you think should be in the movie may be posted here. JK told me that I should get the community involved so I am. Post anything you think should be in it. No griping!

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

Re: The Day the Brickfilmers Rebeled

Didn't you already make one of these threads?

Nope. This one gets the community involved. I hope so. mini/blankexpression

| Website |

Don't do this, man. You weren't there, and you'll just spoil the whole thing. A lot of people were upset by the whole thing, and please don't go and make something that will mess the facts up. If anyone should do it, it's someone who actually was involved. mini/sad

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/StudioL30/Random-Pictures/youtube.jpghttp://www.majhost.com/gallery/StudioL30/Random-Pictures/sitelogo.jpg

I kinda agree. The only time something like this was done before was by Nathan Wells and his clan, all of which were experienced brickfilmers, plus that particular event wasn't really offensive to anyone. (Well, maybe RevMen) mini/wink

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

I have facts! Why should I shut it down! It shows everyone in a good light. Except TaaB, RevMan (not the whole movie), and possibly Schlaep. Maybe.

| Website |

1st of all, it's Schlaeps, which means you DONT have the facts right. Secondly, you don't even know the people who you're showing in a "bad light" so you could end up regretting it later.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/StudioL30/Random-Pictures/youtube.jpghttp://www.majhost.com/gallery/StudioL30/Random-Pictures/sitelogo.jpg

Why would they care? I'm a young ignorant brickfilmer remember? It's just something I thought was cool.

| Website |

Eddie, your getting the community fairly angry, nobody wants to see this from someone who learned about it on the internet. This isn't really material for you, live to see something epic occur, don't claim you lived to see the aftermath because someone asked about it. You probably didn't even brickfilm when this happened.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Listen to these people, for they are wise.

mini/frustrated
Agreed.
This sorta reminds me of my little brother, but at least you understand this.

EddieHasscle wrote:

I am making a movie soon about the Split and this is a thread on which people and the community can get involved in it. Anything you think should be in the movie may be posted here.

That right there makes people not want to do it, as it sounds way too unorganized. If you have an idea for a community project, make sure you make it as organized as possible. Unorganized community projects just turn people away, as do unorganized contests.

EddieHasscle wrote:

JK told me that I should get the community involved so I am.

I didn't say "get the community involved", I said "you might want to try to make this a community project..."

EddieHasscle wrote:

No griping!

That never works on the internet. There will always be someone who doesn't like your ideas, and they will gripe about it. I said in the PM that people may not particularly like the idea, but I did say I'd be interested in helping. When you said you would make the thread tomorrow, I thought you were actually going to write a detailed thread about the project.

That being said, I actually do like the idea. It's just that you aren't really the right person to do it. A person who happened to be an active member during the split would be a better person to do it. If you don't like the outcome of your thread, just cancel it and work on something else. A "split" film might be interesting, but considering you only learned about this recently, you aren't exactly the right person to make this. I hope I haven't hurt your feelings in anyway.

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Danimation wrote:

Listen to these people, for they are wise.

So true!

Just Kidden wrote:

That being said, I actually do like the idea. It's just that you aren't really the right person to do it. A person who happened to be an active member during the split would be a better person to do it. If you don't like the outcome of your thread, just cancel it and work on something else. A "split" film might be interesting, but considering you only learned about this recently, you aren't exactly the right person to make this. I hope I haven't hurt your feelings in anyway.

That is exactly my point. Summed it all up for me. Thanks, JK!

I actually kind of want to see this. Just make sure you base it on the split thread. mini/shifty

Starring, EddieHasscle, Studiol30, Danimation, and JustKidden.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Meh

For the sake of accuracy, it's "RevMen" - short for "Reverend Menacer".

You know what, guys? I bet Frank Miller and Zac Snyder weren't actually there at the Battle of Thermopylae. That didn't stop them turning out a kick-ass movie about it that was probably quite historically accurate, mostly. I, for one, would love to see this film made, Eddie. It has the potential to equal Anne Frank in Bricks as an important record of a momentous event in history.

I don't really see the problem. As long as it is based on the split thread none of the facts are treating anyone unfairly.
I'd love to see this film made.

It's fine if people talk about it, but if you didn't experience it then don't say you were there. I'm fine if you don't say that you were one that was affected.

Either way, I think this is good. I don't really know much about this site's history and the sites before it. I would love to see an epic film about a historic time in brickfilming history! I just want to know. I posted a thread hoping to be informed on the history, so you can get info from there too, if people reply.

Disclaimer: I am not advertising and/or promoting my own thread. Please do not tell me that I should not have talked about it, but who the heck cares, anyway?

Last edited by phantom (October 15, 2010 (03:01pm))

Formerly "brickflix"

I am a nonfilming user...for now.

I think people are simply blowing the whole idea of the Split way out of proportion. It wasn't like someone died so I sincerely doubt members were genuinely upset and many people thought the event was quite exciting, like me (and yes, I was actually there). Professional film makers propose film ideas that will upset some of the audience, but go ahead and make it anyway, being films like Schindler's List for example. So go ahead EddieHasscle, make that film, I'm pretty sure it won't emotionally scar too many members here.

Lg Productions
http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd413/Lgmaster6/TheBoxManSigniture.jpg