Re: BiM 2012: Kitchen Sink [CLOSED]

Regarding the two deadlines, October 1st to start submitting entries and October 14th to finish submitting entries by; I was wondering what time zone are these dates in, because I have a bad feeling that I'll be franticly finishing my film come October 13th! mini/bigsmile

Last edited by BoatsAreRockable (August 31, 2012 (07:14am))

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

legomoviemaker1 wrote:

Regarding the two deadlines, October 1st to start submitting entries and October 14th to finish submitting entries by; I was wondering what time zone are these dates in

As long as it is October 1st where you live you may submit your film. Pretty easy, yes?

8:00 PM GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) October 14 DEADLINE

This will be the cut off time for submissions. Any late entries will be disqualified.

Any more questions? I've been conversing with the judges and this weekend I hope to update the judging criteria and some other small matters as the contest deadline draws near.

Have fun,
Jared

Right, I'm out of the contest. My SD camera isn't good and I can''t get a new camera anytime soon. Also, the time I have left is too little for what I need. Guess I'll have to pass yet again.

Good luck to those remaining! I'll edit my idea and animate it into a normal one video film and upload it when I get a new camera. mini/smile

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Hello everyone.

EDIT: I have updated the first post to reflect the changes I have made below.

Hopefully you’re eye deep in your entries and will be wrapping them up soon. There are only about 5 weeks left in the competition! Here is a giant update for all who plan to enter.

JUDGING
Each entry will be judged on the following criteria:

Idea/ Creativity: Is the idea behind the film original and presented in a unique way? 20 points

Technical Aspects:

Animation: Is the animation fluid / believable (or work in context) AND is it fun to watch? 10 points / 10 points

Animation for this contest will be all-encompassing. There will be no separate categories for lighting, cinematography and other technical elements. Each movie will be viewed as a whole (all things good and bad) and given a rating by the judges.

Story: Is the story coherent throughout and does it tie the experience together with no tangents? 10 points

Use of Theme. 30 points

30 points is given to an entrant who excels at telling their overarching storyline through an interesting interactive video. Each break in your storyline that allows the viewer to choose the next step will be judged separately. Does the jump help or hinder the story?  Each superfluous or "filler" jump will be marked off 2 points to a maximum of 8 points for the 6-12 age group. The 13 and up age group penalty maxes out at 16.

So the breakdown will be:

Idea: 20
Animation: 10
Fun: 10
Story: 10
Use of theme: 30

Other things of importance:

JUDGES
I have two judges now and might have a third closer to the deadline. Please note that the people entering the 6-12 age group will have children/family judging in addition to us “regular” judges.

PRIZES
There is a slight change on how the prizes will be mailed. If you are the winner of one of the grand prize sets I reserve the right to de-box it (bags still sealed, everything included) to fit everything into a smaller box to save on shipping.  The small sets, I believe, will be unaffected by this.

To enter:
Please fill out the form below entirely AND
A.    Send a Private Message to “legogod” on this board with “Kitchen Sink 2012 Entry” as your subject line OR
B.    Send an email to me (link is under my username)  with “Kitchen Sink 2012 Entry” as your subject line OR
C.    Mail a CD/DVD (Region 1) with printed completed form in the envelope. You may PM me for my address. If you wish to use this option please allow some time for me to get back to you and refer to the rules for other mailing specific help.

Entry Form:
KITCHEN SINK CONTEST 2012
Which Contest are you entering?  Ages 6-12 or 13+?
Name of primary animator and age:
Bricks in Motion ID:
(If you don’t have one please leave blank.)
Email address:
Film Name:
Number of jumps/paths/choices in your film:
Total running time:
Link to film:
(Link should be to the starting video in your interactive experience.)

Sorry, but I'm gunna have to sit this contest out. http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p84/UberSocks/23.gif
My other film got in the way, and now I don't have enough time to do justice to Captain Obvious.
Rest assured voice actors, I will finish the film, but it will be WAY after the contest is over.
But good luck to those still entering! I'm looking forward to clicking my way through a ton of videos. mini/yes

I haven't even started yet mini/eek I have been waiting for the last package to come in my mail, and it did today. I don't have the time to start it this weekend (Its my birthday, I know you guys will give me big presents, lol jk). I'll probably have to start today or tomorrow.

Just a question: BiM ID is your username here, right? mini/smile
Looking forward to watching the other entries!

I need a new name! HELP

Yes. BiM ID=BiM Username.

Mjolnir wrote:

I haven't even started yet mini/eek

Same here but i am waiting for another light to come in order mini/blankexpression

My Camera Broke When I was animating... SO ANGRY mini/madhead

"They say Creativity is the limit, but in reality the amount of bricks is the limit" ~Rook13

Well, I'm glad to say that I have begun animating. I'm not glad to say that I have begun animating just now.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Sorry, but I'm gunna have to sit this contest out. http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p84/UberSocks/23.gif
My other film got in the way, and now I don't have enough time to do justice to Captain Obvious.
Rest assured voice actors, I will finish the film, but it will be WAY after the contest is over.
But good luck to those still entering! I'm looking forward to clicking my way through a ton of videos. mini/yes

I can't wait to see it when it's finished. mini/smile

I'm not entering anymore. I just feel like I won't get such a complicated film done in 5 weeks. I can be a judge, though.

I'd enter but I'm lazy, unmotivated, plus me and Legogod have a bit of bad blood, so yeah. Goodluck to everyone. Hope to see something actually creative.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

http://i.imgur.com/UfwV8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Whoa.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

legogod disrupts wedding? mini/confused

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

http://i.imgur.com/FXD57.png?1

How did you get a picture of me?

Oh my god Smeagol, what have you done.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

I'm out of the Contest Sorry! mini/sad

Can you use sounds from sites like www.soundbible.com www.soundjax.com etc

"They say Creativity is the limit, but in reality the amount of bricks is the limit" ~Rook13