Topic: Biscuity Related Subcategory: Design Aspects

So here's the dedicated thread in which we can co-ordinate, bake and work on all the design related aspects of Biscuit.

It'll be a combined effort, so children, no arguing or any form of condescending behaviour. We need to do things efficiently und tactfully, everything must be decided upon as a group, and we need to try to keep off-track variation of the selected design style to the minimal. Speaking of minimal, as suggested before, we've settled upon the overall design of Biscuit being a minimalist one. This means you need to resist the urge to use tacky gradients as much as possible.

The comprehensive list of people who've come forward to help knead this code dough into a tangible, tasty program so far are:
- CyberCom, creator of the whole project.
- Repelling Spider, graphic designer, creator of the Biscuit logo.
- Carousel, a charming person who somehow came up with the name Biscuit, can do graphic design and critique things.
- thekingofbricks, one who's offered their designer services and recently got a Wacom tablet.
- lunears, who says he can help in web design.
- Gopher, critiquing and graphic design.
- Sonjira, offered to make a promo.
- Mighty Wanderer, could help with promo.
- AquaMorph, does graphic design and web things.
- Kees, promo
- ThunderfilmStudios, will help with additional graphic design.
- Topit, invented the face on the Biscuit logo.
- Caveman, can do some graphics probably.
- co0lwill, can do marketing or donations.
- Shutterpoint, can do graphic design, minor coding, and any small things that need help.

If I've missed anyone, I'll put you on it, don't worry.

Anyhow, please feel free to start discussing and creating.

Last edited by Carousel (June 2, 2013 (11:01pm))

Re: Biscuity Related Subcategory: Design Aspects

Sounds great. Thanks for creating a new thread, Carousel. Also, I can do some graphics probably. mini/smile

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag121/CavemanIncorporated/BiM_Sig_Monkey_zpse6d51622.jpg

It was a bit tedious tracking down everyone's info, but I hope it proves helpful. And I added your bit of info too.

Prepped and ready to go, awaiting assignments.

BISCUIT!
My website is in construction!

Reporting for duty... Should there be a Google Document or something with a list of assignments?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8208/8231926367_42e9643bd9.jpg
           Youtube | Twitter | Deviantart | Twitch.tv | Soundcloud

The combat deployment talk is fitting, as we're going to knead all the help we can get to so we can get this project to rise to a state of fluffy greatness.

Puns aside, I'm sure a Google Doc would be a good idea, but it's not familiar territory for me, so you peeps can be in charge of it.

Last edited by Carousel (May 5, 2013 (01:35am))

Looking good! Due to some family and school business my online time is very limited (shows in my feeds, although don't worry. It's only temporary). I would like to say that I would like to be notified atleast a week in advance to adjust my schedule to make some time for filming. Furthermore some voices would be nice once I've/we've finished the script (if anybody got any ideas for things to say please do tell me!). Is the film also going to be released on everyone's channel or on some separate channel?

I don't think it's currently worth creating a Biscuit Tube of the You channel right now, so if you just released it on your YouTube channel, I think it'll be fine. I've personally come up with a weird advertisement, which I might storyboard out for everyone to see.

If there is any way I can help, I'd love to. Whether it's donating, marketing (I can't really do much with the software in general). But anyway I would love to be a part of this.

~Hal

Marketing would be much appreciated! I don't think we'll need it straight away, as we need to design/code the actual program first, but welcome aboard. I'll add you in the informative list.

Thanks!

~Hal

Alrighty, lets get a chart of assignments, their stages, progress, and the team working on them.

BISCUIT!

I'm ready.

http://i.imgur.com/KeUIjEo.png

We gotta get something done here, lol. I got a five minute brainstorm for a splash screen Here. I was thinking for "your subscriptions" section on right it could get news from your subscriptions on youtube.

BISCUIT!

Nah, I think the news thing would be too much trouble to code, and it's really not necessary. [/personal, probably flawed opinion.] But the design is something that we could go off of, and will hopefully spark other ideas as well.

Ya'll don't mind If I try to throw something together do you? I have some ideas, and would like to do something with them.

Last edited by Pritchard Studios (May 30, 2013 (06:51pm))

Sure we could use all the ideas we can get.

BISCUIT!

My splash screen idea.
Like it?

I want to keep with the tan/brown color scheme, as it looks really good, and matches the logo. But I don't know what ya'll want. It's not as complex as yours King, but it seems a bit cleaner to me, and the colors look less "default webpage design" and more polished. I should have moved the "Biscuit" text box down a bit, but what are your opinions?

I'm not good on clean designs, lol. I feel it is however a bit plain.

BISCUIT!

I think Pritchard's concept is going in the right direction. A simpler format is much better in appearance. I think if we took that initial concept and grew it from there we could get a really nice splash screen finished. Composition and alignment of buttons and elements needs to be addressed, but your overall layout looks fairly nice, as well as the color scheme. Perhaps making the buttons have the same type of double rounded edge border as the logo would be a good idea.

I like Pritchard's concept, although I think having the element with developer news from thekingofbricks one would be sensible, in particular for letting people know when a new version of the program was released.

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator