Topic: New rating system?

Hi, everybody mini/smile

The current Rating System is pretty good, but I got an idea, to improve it...

Here's a picture of my concept: http://i.imgur.com/ZvOM3.jpg

With the new Members Rating System, it would be easier for the reviewers because they don't have to give a rating on all the ''Unrecommended films''... Maybe my idea is bad, maybe not.

In fact, I don't know if this new Rating System is really better... That's just a simple idea, lol mini/tongue

Re: New rating system?

I like it! mini/wink

I think it's fair to let the members make ratings while still keeping the staff rating. The idea of adding more stars also sounds better, too. Like on IMDb, all rating are out of ten. I also like the "overall" part under the bricks/stars because a lot of the time, there is a fraction of a brick/star and your not sure what the heck it is.

If I were Sméagol, I'd take this idea into consideration.

-LASF

LASF wrote:

The idea of adding more stars also sounds better, too. Like on IMDb, all rating are out of ten. I also like the "overall" part under the bricks/stars because a lot of the time, there is a fraction of a brick/star and your not sure what the heck it is.

Yeah, I agree with you mini/wink Thanks.

Personally I like the idea - add in quotes from members reviews and you a new review panel-ish thing. It'd encourage members to write better reviews and cut back on the job of the review panelists. MPFist0 and Vik are two prime examples of excellent member reviewers.

Just a thought.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Opening up the 'staff ratings' system to a larger population of people and renaming it something else is definitely a possibility. We'll probably experiment a bit with this stuff once we get the new setup worked out and see what works.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Does this concept is still relevant, or not?

I wanna do something to the rating system so it's actually useful again. Maybe this summer I'll have time to sort out. I'm really busy with university right now.

Ok. Thanks, and good luck mini/smile

If you need more ideas, I'm available

Since it's getting brought up in other places I thought I might bump this thread, not to put pressure on anyone, I know life gets busy. I think a lot of people agree an updated rating system is in order, one that only requires staff to review the really good brickfilms. What I really want back is the list of recommended films, I'm sure I'm not the only one who misses having one place where you can find all the best brickfilms. I'm thinking that a new system would require staff to at first take a quick look at a film, and if it's obviously not worth reviewing, then they can move on to the next one. mini/smile

I think, regardless of whether we have staff ratings or not, that we should implement the member rating, and 10-star system purposed at the top by Loic F-B.

Haha, naive me from March of last year. I've never had so little free time in a summer in my life.

10-star doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Usually film reviewers rate out of 4 or out of 5 stars.

I would be interested in maybe making the more detailed ratings no longer staff-specific, because we don't have a review panel anymore. I think though that this would result in a lot of ridiculousness from less mature folks. Perhaps we'd need criteria of some sort, or a paid membership to be allowed to rate films? I'm just wanting a way to weed out people making multiple accounts, kids rating up their own movies, that kind of thing.

This is a great quote:

Squash wrote:

Particularly I would like to see the anonymity done away with. Looking over film ratings, it quickly becomes obvious that the members doing the majority of the brick-rating never seem leave any sort of comment.

I think that a paid membership is not exactly the way to go... Then (especially if the site changes hands, as did brickfilms.com several times) things could become unfair... Though, you do need money to keep a website up.

On the issue of this thread, however, I agree. There should be a new rating system. Maybe even one with a "letter" rating. (i.e. G, PG, PG-13, R) Though, it would have to be different, as to avoid a strong letter from the MPAA. ( lol )

I like the limit of a 5 star rating... 10 IS a little too much.

As for user ratings... Things would get too messy, I can already picture it. (Nothing against myself, but even I "manage" two accounts. Though, because the other is for my little brother, I only use it when he's around to actively participate) However, others would/could do this and "cheat" by giving their videos 5 stars...

However, a ratings board is a good idea. (Even if a new one) Maybe, as a test, you could put out a poll. And, those who passed it would be able to be members... Then instead of a "staff review" there could be specific reviews from "brickfilm critics" as I tried to do with my series (now on hiatus) CinematiCritics...

Either way, I do think something needs to be done... Even if it's to let everyone be a "critic," and find the average from all of the ratings (similar to how the current "stars" rating system works. mini/smile Then there could be user reviews, ranging from the Roger Ebert's (heads of staff like Smeagol) to the generic paper reviewers (members).

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Perhaps only the 'special' mini/sunnies members who considered mature enough for the 'community' forum could perhaps be able to contribute to a 'special' people's rating  mini/smile

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

TheDylandProductions wrote:

I like the limit of a 5 star rating... 10 IS a little too much.

I think a 10 stars rating would be perfect (and that's why I like the IMDB). 5 is not enough.

I actually prefer 5.
It's simple. I like simple.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Though, I do think it would be a nice idea to have the separate box for member ratings.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]