Re: The Animation Challenge

YAY!! thanks weasel so I'm thinking about doing car crashes I just came back to this site has it been done recently do you guys like the idea?

I don't know... I like the idea, but are car crashes really a challenge? I don't know. I just don't really want to do car crashes because I don't have any lego cars, but thats just my opinion. If you want to do car crashes it's fine!

What about something with training dummies? Would that be too strange?

I don't know. What are training dummys supposed to do with a challenge?

How about built in motion blur? I don't know... just a suggestion:) mini/smile mini/wink

It has been a while since that was done...

If I would host it thats what I would do.

NTNProductions wrote:

I don't know... I like the idea, but are car crashes really a challenge? I don't know. I just don't really want to do car crashes because I don't have any lego cars, but thats just my opinion. If you want to do car crashes it's fine!

It could be an epic crash. That would be hard.

Last edited by LAF (May 29, 2017 (07:37pm))

Now officially titled "Lost Acronym Filmer"

LAF wrote:
NTNProductions wrote:

like pieces flying everywhere, glass shattering, terrified minifigs getting thrown into the air. mini/delirium

slotborg wrote:
LAF wrote:
NTNProductions wrote:

like pieces flying everywhere, glass shattering, terrified minifigs getting thrown into the air. mini/delirium

Yes I think that would be a sufficient challenge.
@NTNProductions although i do think motion blur is a cool Idea, not everyone possesses the software capable of performing such a task

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Doctor Seuss

I think that when it comes to the animation challenge, the more precise you are when picking the theme, the better.  "Epic Crash" sounds pretty cool, but I'm not really sure what it means. Vague themes like this make it more difficult on the people entering, because they have to figure out what it is, and more difficult for the judge by having no standard animation throughout all the entries that can be compared.  I'm not suggesting that entries can't be creative, but they should all be trying to do the same basic motion.  They can be distinguished from one another by how the action is animated rather than all the extra things you could attach to it.

There is an old animation challenge here that has a bunch of ideas on the first page.  Most of these haven't been done in several years, so you could always bring one of these back.  If you want to come up with a new idea, I would suggest making it clear, so no one has to wonder about what you mean, and make it focused on animation, not computer generated effects.

so, "car hitting object and smashing" is a better theme then "epic crash" is what green shirt is saying.

Okay so I see what your saying Thanks!!! I chose one of the list and its going to be MINI FIGURE GETTING ABDUCTED BY ALIENS the contest will end on monday so I can give the winner on tuesday of next week. I hope you guys enjoy this topic and can come up with something cool!

Yay! I might be able to do that! I'm going to start animating as soon as possible. I'm not going to do anything to complex, but I'll come up with something. Also @Simple Brick Studios, I was talking about built in motion blur (Like use bricks to make motion blur not motion blur edited in gimp or something):)

Last edited by NTNProductions (May 31, 2017 (09:41am))

Here's my entry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26w20XBDMew

It was thrown together pretty quickly. I blinked and realized how little time I had. mini/jaw

Cool!!!

anyone else gonna enter?

MiniElf wrote:

anyone else gonna enter?

How much time do I have left?

Now officially titled "Lost Acronym Filmer"

The deadline has past sadly. Unless things can be changed.

Yeah. I tried making an entry but I failed:D It was way to choppy. Is Mini-elf going to extend the deadline?