Re: BRAWL 2018 is OVER!

Pongowl wrote:

So, a capital 'E' rotated 180 degrees is the same thing as a mirrored E. If I include the E rotated 180 degrees, will that still be valid?

Yes. In the case of E, there's no distinction between rotation and mirrored. If in future years if it happens again with a different letter, I'll be inclined to say no, but since the rule has already been posted, I'll allow it for this year.

Re: BRAWL 2018 is OVER!

Hi everyone!
I am still slightly confused with the theme. I have several script ideas but I was wondering if the word Kairos means a very important moment (like graduating) or is it (saving someone were you could have run to safety). If someone could get back to me fast I would appreciate it.
Thanks

Re: BRAWL 2018 is OVER!

Technically you could work both of those into the theme, but it's closer to the latter. It's basically saying a moment that can completely change the course of events.

Re: BRAWL 2018 is OVER!

PlasticPointProductions wrote:

Hi everyone!
I am still slightly confused with the theme. I have several script ideas but I was wondering if the word Kairos means a very important moment (like graduating) or is it (saving someone were you could have run to safety). If someone could get back to me fast I would appreciate it.
Thanks

Both would work!

Re: BRAWL 2018 is OVER!

oh well, i don't know that to do...

Re: BRAWL 2018 is OVER!

letttts gooooooo mini/sunnies

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-OSx2LJW3nYE/V4FuL3-FN9I/AAAAAAAABmI/ECLGEpZLGtwTljQ9txnE8dEsYtl9qZOXQCL0B/w346-h192/BRICKS%2BIN%2BMOTION%2BSIGNITURE.png
Making Motion  Youtube

Re: BRAWL 2018 is OVER!

Would have loved to participate for the 10th anniversary, but between work getting really busy, other real life things, and not having a proper brickfilming setup at the moment (this would've been my return after 8 years of not animating), I don't have the time to make an entry I'd be happy with.

Still, I love the theme and mod element of this year's contest and I wish the best of luck to everyone participating!

Website YouTube Twitter
http://i45.tinypic.com/2mruqon.jpg
Check out my live action directing debut, The Day That Never Comes

Re: BRAWL 2018 is OVER!

I’d love to do this just to have an excuse to animate after a while. However, the prizes don’t really interest me, and I don’t want to take them away from anyone who actually wants them, so I don’t think I’ll enter this year...

Re: BRAWL 2018 is OVER!

Evolved Turtle wrote:

I’d love to do this just to have an excuse to animate after a while. However, the prizes don’t really interest me, and I don’t want to take them away from anyone who actually wants them, so I don’t think I’ll enter this year...

The prizes are never the point of most entering thac or brawl. It's always been more for the motivation/challenge plus bragging rights.

Last edited by END films (July 8, 2018 (10:22pm))

Re: BRAWL 2018 is OVER!

END films wrote:
Evolved Turtle wrote:

I’d love to do this just to have an excuse to animate after a while. However, the prizes don’t really interest me, and I don’t want to take them away from anyone who actually wants them, so I don’t think I’ll enter this year...

The prizes are never the point of a most entering thac or brawl. It's always been more for the motivation/challenge plus bragging rights.

Also the fun and the community. In addition, if you place in the top 3, you do reserve the right to decline a prize, and then 4th place would receive the remaining prize.

Re: BRAWL 2018 is OVER!

0, ideas, am in trouble.

Re: BRAWL 2018 is OVER!

Good luck everyone!!!

Re: BRAWL 2018 is OVER!

I am having so much trouble coming up with a story, this theme isn't inspiring me at all. maybe I'll just wait until next year to do my first BRAWL. Good luck to everyone else! we shall see if I enter.

give it all you've got and give all the glory to God!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCYQTg … wxCsPHpRkw

Re: BRAWL 2018 is OVER!

Chris W. wrote:
END films wrote:
Evolved Turtle wrote:

I’d love to do this just to have an excuse to animate after a while. However, the prizes don’t really interest me, and I don’t want to take them away from anyone who actually wants them, so I don’t think I’ll enter this year...

The prizes are never the point of a most entering thac or brawl. It's always been more for the motivation/challenge plus bragging rights.

Also the fun and the community. In addition, if you place in the top 3, you do reserve the right to decline a prize, and then 4th place would receive the remaining prize.

Well in that case, I might enter. That is, if I can scrape something out of my empty brain that can relate to this theme...

Re: BRAWL 2018 is OVER!

this is not my year, good bye.

Re: BRAWL 2018 is OVER!

Beatupbricks productions wrote:

I am having so much trouble coming up with a story, this theme isn't inspiring me at all. maybe I'll just wait until next year to do my first BRAWL. Good luck to everyone else! we shall see if I enter.

I hope you throw something together. Just participating is worth the effort. Even if it's a simple gag or joke, I'd rather see that than nothing.

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/summerlypmics.png

Re: BRAWL 2018 is OVER!

thistof wrote:
Beatupbricks productions wrote:

I am having so much trouble coming up with a story, this theme isn't inspiring me at all. maybe I'll just wait until next year to do my first BRAWL. Good luck to everyone else! we shall see if I enter.

I hope you throw something together. Just participating is worth the effort. Even if it's a simple gag or joke, I'd rather see that than nothing.

I agree, I have thought up some ideas. I'll probably be participating, just don't know what I'll be doing yet.

give it all you've got and give all the glory to God!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCYQTg … wxCsPHpRkw

Re: BRAWL 2018 is OVER!

I wonder how many people are going to THAC this contest...

Re: BRAWL 2018 is OVER!

I hadn’t noticed it was the tenth anniversary! Such a shame, because I don’t think I have the time(nor the proper equipment) to enter this year. mini/sad  I’m not very inspired by the theme, either. I’m still going to try, however!

Last edited by Evolved Turtle (July 10, 2018 (09:31am))

Re: BRAWL 2018 is OVER!

Evolved Turtle wrote:

I hadn’t noticed it was the tenth anniversary! Such a shame, because I don’t think I have the time(nor the proper equipment) to enter this year. mini/sad  I’m not very inspired by the theme, either. I’m still going to try, however!

That's the spirit!!!  mini/bigsmile mini/tongue

give it all you've got and give all the glory to God!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCYQTg … wxCsPHpRkw