Topic: Trailer - CYCLIC

CYCLIC

CYCLIC - Trailer

Entry in the Bricks in Motion STAR competition

CrimStories

Other:  DOTBW      Take Out      Crime Stories      Cyclic     YouTube

Re: Trailer - CYCLIC

Well that was quite impressive.  It took me a while to figure out what was said at about 0:14, "He died."  But that was probably just the music.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Whoa, I'm really looking forward to this.

You Shoot at 24 FPS right? If so im not the only one!

http://www.bestbrickstudios.net/images/banner003.png

You're really good at this. mini/bigsmile

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Wait, if this is for STAR, how can it be released in August?
I liked the trailer, but it was too fast for me.

-Donsalvatore

New film:
In Pre-Production...]

Very awesome, always love your stuff.
Can't wait to see this.

Yeah, I totally agree. Your animation is extremely smooth, and the trailer looked really interesting. I'm excited to see the finished film!

- JD

http://www.abload.de/img/cooksige238.jpg
YouTube | Flickr                                 "Bad Taste on YouTube"

Sméagol wrote:

It took me a while to figure out what was said at about 0:14, "He died."

I had similar comments from the guys at work. The music is powerful here and if I wound back the levels so the speach was easy to hear then the dynamics of the music was lost. A similar thing happened with Hand Car. Where I wanted the car sound fx loud. I sometimes here this in the big movies but they have the advantage of dolby surround, you can mix the levels at playback. There are a few parts in the final like this as well, but in all cases the speech is repeated or there is another signal to indicate the intent. In the trailer the shop customer at the end reinforces the message. I'm a bit close to this as I wrote the script which was why I sound boarded it past other people, I tried to get the balance right, perhaps I didn't quite get there.

simpsonking wrote:

You Shoot at 24 FPS right?

Actually I shoot at one frame at a time, lol. During post production I adjust the frame rate. Dialogue and simple gestures get slowed down as much as 20% (5 fps). But action sequences I keep fast at 20-25fps. In the final movie there is one shot that I recorded a lot of frames for and it replays at 50fps. You can spot this shot easily it's just so smooth. But I usually don't have the time or patience for anything above 25fps.

Donsalvatore wrote:

Wait, if this is for STAR, how can it be released in August? I liked the trailer, but it was too fast for me.

The dealine is the 27th July where the film can not be posted publicly, so I figured after judging it would get released during August.
Yes it's very pacey, a tease. I didn't want to give to much away, just enough to make you want to see the final film.
The pacing in the film is much better and there is plenty of time to appreciate the sets.

CrimStories

Other:  DOTBW      Take Out      Crime Stories      Cyclic     YouTube

bodville wrote:

The dealine is the 27th July where the film can not be posted publicly, so I figured after judging it would get released during August.

I don't think there is any requirement to wait until after the judging to publicly release the STAR films, just wait till after the deadline.  I suspect judging will take at least a few weeks, if not longer.

Wow, your stuff is awesome. Watching all your vids now

"He's dead Jim" :lol: that made me laugh
I cant wait for some of these STAR films to come out...

bodville wrote:

but alas, i guess i dont have much of a choice...

If I'm on the forums, I'm probably waiting for Blender to finish rendering.

Woah, that was an awesome trailer. I loved the ending, too.

MUST SEE THIS FILM mini/eek

_2014

Great stuff, this really gets me hyped up for the premiere.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff