Topic: THAC 7: A Brighter Past

Directory Link

THAC 7 - A Brighter Past

YouTube

My film for the THAC contest. Overall, I am not very happy with it. It just didn't come out all that good.

I was trying out a new story telling style, so be sure to pay CLOSE mind to it. If you don't, you will get lose. The film does give you many hints in more then one way.

Anyway, hope you all enjoy!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

Re: THAC 7: A Brighter Past

I really liked this film, though there were a few bits of choppy-ish animation, the story seemed really original.The voice acting was good, and I just...really liked this film.I can't put into words very well.
4/5

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

I think the film could have been more enjoyable if I could have under stood what they were saying in the first scene. Other than that not to bad.

Goliathan wrote:

I think the film could have been more enjoyable if I could have under stood what they were saying in the first scene. Other than that not to bad.

You couldn't understand either of them?

Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

The voices were a bit hard to understand. But good smooth animation, good lighting, and the end brought a tear to my eye. mini/sweat

Quite an original take on the theme; I know a lot of people focused on comedy and it's nice to see things switched up. Nothing really to complain about....now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go call my dad. mini/cat

"See...this is why we can't have nice things."
21:05 Nich: Am I a purdy lady? : D
21:05 Smeagol: yes?

I like stories like this, with a slight science fiction vibe to it. A very good use of the theme too.

Scypax, you very much have my respect.

Teh Tripod has teh extra boost.

I am devoted to proving that the brickfilm art can be just as serious, emotional, and entertaining as anything in the professional film industry.

Overall I thought this was a good film, and I enjoy the way that you make the viewer have to put together the story. That style is very entertaining to me, as it makes me have to think, instead of just sit there and watch the story be explained plainly.
The animation wasn't your best, but this is, of course a THAC entry, and that means that there will be parts that are not the best quality because of time constraints.

I look forward to more films from you!

siggy
Legospaceman's YouTube channel!^Click to watch!(old vid)^]

Scypax, you have done well to impress me. Thou are on your path towards the great animators, and thou shall go far. Well done, brother, this is a truly touching piece of work from you.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/bluebrickstudios/Sigs/rs_sig.png

Quite touching.
The music completes the atmosphere to give it that cherished feel.
Great work.

Cool that your dad helped. Just watch and adjust your audio levels while recording/editing
Very likeable, good stuff.

CrimStories

Other:  DOTBW      Take Out      Crime Stories      Cyclic     YouTube

Love your music in this entry! mini/bigsmile You made it yourself?
Good entry, but as mentioned: try adjusting the audio level of the voice over.
Instead of slapstick, weirdness and random events: a more serious story.

3,5/5

You_p wrote:

Love your music in this entry! mini/bigsmile You made it yourself?
Good entry, but as mentioned: try adjusting the audio level of the voice over.
Instead of slapstick, weirdness and random events: a more serious story.

3,5/5

Thank you very much. And yes, I did make the music.

Yeah, the audio came out bad, I know. I was thinking about posting a version that was fixed. I dunno. And thanks again, happy you liked it. mini/smile

That was an enjoyable flick. Not your best work but it was okay. I didn't have any trouble in understanding the voices, so that didn't bother me.