Topic: Things That I Would Like to See in Our Films

What have you not seen or would like to see in one of our 'Moving Brick Movies'?
The purpose of this topic is to hopefully inspire and motivate others to create a film.
Maybe even based off of one of the proposed ideas.

My thoughts:
-One where people forget that 'it's just a cartoon'
-Old school Looney Tunes style humor

Sméagol wrote:

A coherent, thought-out parody of Forrestfire101's work could be interesting.  There are definitely some tendencies that can be seen in most of his videos and could easily be made fun of.

-What Sméagol said. Well thought out parody films with permission of course
-Films with a well told story
-Old fashioned Romance/Love Story

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Re: Things That I Would Like to See in Our Films

I'd like to see a film where there isn't swearing all over it and that there isn't piles of profanity in.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Splash Studios wrote:

I'd like to see a film where there isn't swearing all over it and that there isn't piles of profanity in.

Umm... nearly all the films are like that. I know of only one or two films with swearing in it.

I would like to see more Castle and Space themed movies. Whilst city movies are OK, I prefer more nostalgia.

-MRB

Last edited by Max Butcher (January 31, 2009 (09:47am))

YouTube
Max, She/They

I would like to see more long,epic  kind of movies.

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

I would like to see more VERY funny films with really funny humor!

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

I would like to see films that ARE funny. Lego is a perfect element for slapstick comedy. Use it wisely.

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

I'd like to see brickfilms that are imaginative and creative. Beautiful visuals, and such.

- Anything original. Put in an octopus, a man-eating tree, or an explosive bug. SOMETHING besides two guys sitting on a couch.
- Big. Not length of the film, but scale. Large, expansive sets. I feel like Nick Durron and Smeagol pulled this off very well in their latest films.
- Less dialog. Brickfilms have made me despise dialog. Some people here can't seem to tell a story without dialog.

- Leo

I agree with Leonardo. The best films are the ones that are original, and we need more original films.

Website YouTube Twitter
http://i45.tinypic.com/2mruqon.jpg
Check out my live action directing debut, The Day That Never Comes

This is a really good thread, what I want to see:

- A film which is not based on anything, like Indiana Jones or Batman. Something that is of your own.
- More absurd films, where things happen which can't be explained, like someone living in a permanent burning house (from Synecdoche, New York)
- Films without any minifigs in it, improvise with other stuff.

Bastetta wrote:

- Films without any minifigs in it, improvise with other stuff.

I've been trying that currently. I've made tiny robots that are quite posable. They're minifigs, but not the actual ones. mini/wink http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3107/312 … b4d3_o.jpg
I also tried experimenting animating miniland LEGO figures, worked okay. More people should try that.

David Pagano's Little Guys! and Playback are good examples of not using LEGO minifigs.
More films with his style would be awesome.

AT-AT's

More monkeys. Now that's what you need in your films. Add a monkey, and it will be great. VN did this in his latest film, and look at how great that film is!

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

Errol wrote:

AT-AT's

That can be arranged.
However, I have quite a bit on my to do list as it is.

Give me a kick in the pants on twitter with my current project and a bag of cookies. mini/tongue
Then we'll talk.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Basetta wrote:

- More absurd films, where things happen which can't be explained, like someone living in a permanent burning house (from Synecdoche, New York)

Ahem

I just knew monkeys and AT AT's would come into here somewhere...

More points:

-More longer films with as little visual effects as possible (eg: 'Pirates', 'Hastings' etc)
-More fantasy Brickfilms.

-MRB

Last edited by Max Butcher (January 31, 2009 (12:54pm))

YouTube
Max, She/They

Here are ideas of things that I would love to include in a brickfilm in the future.

- Gigantic battle scene with trebuchets and huge armies.
- Some sort of large creature - a dragon or a serpent.
- Superhero. I've always wanted to make a LEGO minifigure crash through walls or fly, but I've never actually done it.
- A mystery set in a nineteenth/twentieth century city. Police chasing a thief on rooftops in the rain just can't be beat.

- Leo

More brickfilms where people do what they want to see, rather than what other people want.

I'm working on the large serpentine creature, Leonardo.  Just don't expect to see it for a while.

I'd like to see some longer films with convincing characters and an emphasis on storytelling.  This doesn't mean a film has to be dead serious, there are plenty of comedies with good stories, or dramatic films with comedic elements.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Sméagol wrote:

I'm working on the large serpentine creature, Leonardo.  Just don't expect to see it for a while.

I am so jealous. Do you have any pre-production work done for it? I'd love to see images of how you plan to pull that off.

- Leo

Last edited by Leonardo812 (January 31, 2009 (01:32pm))